I dunno, perhaps, but I can't do anything tomorrow. I've got to take the ACT until 1PM.
(I was joking btw. I forgot the Just Joking emoticon in that last post.)
That's okay; I won't get in 'til Sunday afternoon anyways (my Dad insists on stopping after ~8-10 hours of driving, and it's only a 14 hour drive! I offered to drive the last leg of the journey, but no dice...Sad)

As for the MapQuest directions, that doesn't take you to the hotel that I'll be staying at Razz

Quote:
Why would that happen? Work stuff?

If you remember what happened last year, as my family and I pulled into the parking lot of the hotel we were going to stay at in Massachusetts, my Dad got a call on his cellphone saying that an instructor was detained at one of the airports and couldn't make it to the class in time, so after about an hour or so of deliberation, we ended up driving to D.C. at 3 a.m. (my Dad didn't get any sleep that night, although we did stay at the Embassy Suites hotel...talk about a fancy hotel! Very Happy)

@chip: How cold is it up there in Mass. right now? I hear that I'm going to need to bring a jacket (only in Mass. would I need a jacket in June for anything other than rain Rolling Eyes)
Good god, it never stops raining up here. It's been raining for about 3 straight weeks Sad Other than the rain, the temperature has been ranging from 50-70F, and of course it gets colder than that at night. You can make up your mind as to what that means in terms of jacket or not for you, but around here, that's sun-bathing weather Laughing Just Joking

KermMartian wrote:
(I was joking btw. I forgot the Just Joking emoticon in that last post.)

I understood, but I decided I would take advantage of that post and treat it like it was real. I'm not that gullible.
Quote:
You can make up your mind as to what that means in terms of jacket or not for you, but around here, that's sun-bathing weather

Yep, I need a jacket Very Happy
You'd need a jacket around here too; while it's quite warm during the day atm, it's fairly chilly at night.
How long are you going to be up here for? The rain is supposed to stop by Monday, and warm weather is coming (70-80F)...well warmer weather at least.
I'll be up for two weeks...right now I'm in Shelton, CT.

AND IT IS REALLY FRIGGIN COLD!!!
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
I'll be up for two weeks...right now I'm in Shelton, CT.

AND IT IS REALLY FRIGGIN COLD!!!
Oh wah wah, just because you're used to hot weather doesn't mean this is bad. Very Happy You should spend a couple of winters in the Northeast and then you'll see what cold is.
Well, I arrived at the hotel yesterday; visited my family, then my Dad picked up his rental car (an ugly-a PT Cruiser :disgust:) and we drove that thing to the supermarket (those things don't drive too well...) And when we got to the supermarket,everything was EXTREMELY OVERPRICED!!! $8.50 for a pound of shrimp?! wtf! And $20 for a fruit bowl.
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Well, I arrived at the hotel yesterday; visited my family, then my Dad picked up his rental car (an ugly-<font color=red>censored</font> PT Cruiser :disgust:) and we drove that thing to the supermarket (those things don't drive too well...) And when we got to the supermarket,everything was EXTREMELY OVERPRICED!!! $8.50 for a pound of shrimp?! wtf! And $20 for a fruit bowl.
Where was this exactly? That's not overpriced at all, that's really cheap...
My experience has been that things generally cost more in the Northeast and NY as opposed to the west or south. I've visited there before, and I found that the houses are much cheaper, and products are as well.

Also, what's all this about it being cold. By me (which is substantially further north) it's fricken HOT. Sunday I had to mow the lawn, and I had to do it bareback, and even then I was sweating my ass off. It had to be about 80 out there. Now, if 80F is cold for you, we must be two different species Laughing
Quote:
Where was this exactly? That's not overpriced at all, that's really cheap...

Stop & Shop

Quote:
Also, what's all this about it being cold. By me (which is substantially further north) it's fricken HOT.

I pulled into MA at 1 p.m. yesterday and it was not warm at all (maybe you guys have insanely strong windchills here?)

Quote:
Sunday I had to mow the lawn, and I had to do it bareback, and even then I was sweating my ass off. It had to be about 80 out there. Now, if 80F is cold for you, we must be two different species

I guess so Very Happy (I consider 80F as warm)
Chipmaster wrote:
My experience has been that things generally cost more in the Northeast and NY as opposed to the west or south. I've visited there before, and I found that the houses are much cheaper, and products are as well.
Psh, forget rent in NY. I can barely afford the rent on my apartment even with 2 jobs + school.
Chipmaster wrote:

Also, what's all this about it being cold. By me (which is substantially further north) it's fricken HOT. Sunday I had to mow the lawn, and I had to do it bareback, and even then I was sweating my ass off. It had to be about 80 out there. Now, if 80F is cold for you, we must be two different species Laughing

LOL! Down in Memphis it is already in the 90+ range (95 the other day!), it gets above 100 later in the summer Laughing . If you came here then you would definetly need some Cool 's too.
Oh, it gets that hot here, uberhumidity and 90s-100s, but we have to deal with biting cold first. Smile
Well, I'm back from Mass. now; however it's wet and damp here, and the lack of A/C in my room is really taking it's toll Shock
Huh, what, are you complaining about the heat!?! Razz
I much prefer cold to heat, which means I'm absolutely miserable for half the year in the Northeast. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours