ok, whatever, back on topic.

I have had my license for almost a year now.
my papers for court were supposed to be signed on july eighth but the lady never showed
July 8? do you mean June 8 or have you been waiting almost a year?
KermMartian wrote:
I think the simulator actually probably had the most impact on the students.
I think most of the students wanted to ride the simulator (myself included). I agree that having cops present it wasn't the greatest idea. Still, I think the whole thing was a little overboard; most people already had gotten the message from years past. In either case, I'm glad the state cares.
oh sorry i meant june eighth
lafferjm wrote:
oh sorry I meant june eighth
Ah, ok. So has anything new happened with this? Did you find out why she didn't show?
well we finally got the papers signed yesterday june 19th. and now i have a 90 day temporary license that lets me drive by myself. and it lets me drive by myself while i wait on the court to contact us so i can get my real license.
I'm going out on my first major driving outing in about 20 min. I'm going to a graduation party around 50 miles from my house in a city I've never been to. I couldn't even get directions. All I could mapquest to was a golf course somewhat close that supposedly has signs for the place.
Cool. Today I drove 30 miles to the nearest Wendys (that's when you know you live in the stix) because I had never been to a Wendys and from what my friend was indicating, I was missing out. When I arrived I found that it really is not all that different from McDonalds, which is conveniently located in the center of my town.
5. That's so foreign to me; I just take mass transit (buses or subways) to get everywhere.
Normally everything in my area is within a 3 mile drive, but apparently Wendy's didn't think the area was very opportune.
yeah, for me, I have to drive over 3 miles to get to anywhere except school, try that one out.
You live in a rural area; I win Razz

Quote:
Normally everything in my area is within a 3 mile drive, but apparently Wendy's didn't think the area was very opportune.

There's a small shopping plaza that has a supermarket near me, and there are like 50 million houses around me; besides that, nothing Laughing
So, yeah, I got lost. We (my girlfriend of 1.1666 years and I) went about 15 miles too far. We stopped at a gas station and asked for directions. I got lost again and stopped at a diner. A truck driver gave me some pretty good directions and got us there. Going home was easy. I found a bunch of signs for the road I wanted and got right on it.

Then I took her home... and we broke up. Fun trip.
that isn't good, I hope you are alright after that. Truckers are good people (and listening to them on the CB can be a lot of fun sometimes)
Yeah, I'm fine. And the trucker was excellent. He told me how many exits I would pass until the one I needed, about how far away it was, and what to do at every intersection I would come to and what they looked like so I could recognize them. His directions were flawless.
foamy3 wrote:
...Then I took her home... and we broke up. Fun trip.
Over you getting lost? That's not at all cool. Any chance of making it up to each other?
No, not over getting lost. A bunch of other crap. I'd been putting it off for almost a month now. And no, I seriously doubt we get back together.
Sad Well, sorry to hear it, but if you're both happier this way, I guess it's for the better.
ha i got all of you beat. i have to travel for 30 minutes just to get to the town where all the stuff like walmart, mcdonalds, wendys, burgerking, apple bees, ruby tuesdays, country cookin, shoneys, a couple of mexican spots, a food lion, a movie theatre, a mini golf course, school, car dealerships. it is a pain because of all the time it takes just to get stuff that we need.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours