Or you could keep those nice features and increase your chance for downloads. I think people will really consider quality before quantity. I could have saved a few hundred bytes by dumping my custom menus too but people like stuff like that.
I'm glad that you guys are making some progress with your contest entries. Good for you. Smile"
this are going to be fun to do. I might try and publish a grading scale in the near future.
A scientificish one, with point weight given to each criteria and such? Sounds like a plan.
that is the plan
GAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I deleted my ENTIRE PROJECT! Oh well, I have already redone my menu and renderer, cutting the size down a LOT, now I just need the gameplay (really easy, actually).
By the way, do you agree with those four general areas I put forth? Do you want to leave them like that, or add/remove some?

Edit: @ Harq: wtf? How did you manage that?!
Kerm, I will use those, and see if there are others I would like seen done.
Sad I accidentally cleared the wrong group file when i was trying to free up some space... (And that is why you do not program calculators late at night, you get too fatigued.)

Edit: When you return out of a program (like back to a shell), does it clear all the loop/if:then registers? Because if it did then i do not need to use a label/goto in the program, but otherwise I might have to to save a bit of memory.
It does indeed clear it out, although that's not the optimal way to do it. Return clears all elements pushed onto the loop stack by the current program, so it would do what you're talking about correctly.
Ok, thats good, because otherwise i would have to use a goto statement for the 2 things, a. Go to the main menu, and b. go back and try again if you did not do the puzzle correctly.

p.s. One thing TI needs in the next OS isan ability to have conditional ends. Complicated to keep track of, but if you do you can do a lot more Shock .
ok, rough scale here
Quote:

Size: 5 points (compared with other programs)

Optimization: 10 points (minus one for each substantial optimization I can find or excessive lbl/goto (I can't find a good way to not use it) or mem-leaks)

Features: 3 points for each unique feature

Functionality: 20 points (easy to install, easy to use)?

Speed: 5 points (awarded by rank to generate puzzle)

Graphics: 5 points (how good does it look?)

Solvebility: 25 points (can I and a solver complete the puzzle the same way? 5 puzzles, 5 points per each)

Misc: 30 points (to be done as I wish).

This can change at any time. This scale has 100+ points in it, highest score will win.

Please comment on this, to make this efficient.
Are there separate catagories? Or are we all going against each other?

So for every optimization that you can find that we did not implement you take away a point?

I am going to finish my playing program, and then work on my generator a bit (first 27 numbers in 4-8 seconds, but those squares are not related, diagonally.) it is hard to make a fast one.

P.S. Have you decided on any prizes yet?
that is correct, you start out with 10. I will only deduct 10 points though.

Seperate catagories, but some are in compitetion to others.
Can you explain this:
rivereye wrote:
Solvebility: 25 points (can I and a solver complete the puzzle the same way? 5 puzzles, 5 points per each)

a little more?
sure no problem. I will take the puzzle generated, and attempt to solve it myself. I will also throw it in the Sukoku solver I have. If I can solve it, and me solver produces the same answer, 5 points, otherwise 0 points. I will do 5 puzzles.
If it's an option, you should also try giving it a valid thirdparty puzzle to solve. I don't know how fair I think the optimization section is. 1 point off for every lbl or goto? that seems a bit harsh.
combo, I won't take off for each GOTO and each LABEL. I can rethink this a little if need be
How about just taking off points for substantial unoptimizations, and just ignore lbls and gotos. I suppose you could take off for excessive lbls/gotos or mem leak conditions.
I could do that.

Edit: Scale Changed to Kerm's Suggestion.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours