"Press any button to continue."→Str1
length(Str1→N
Repeat getKey
If dim(rand(15
Text(57,1,sub(Str1+"                             ",1+NAns,N
not(Ans
End

The only problem with this is that it doesn't let my full text blink:

Your problem is, is that spaces do not have the same width as normal characters. So, for example, the character P is equal to 3 or 4 spaces. In that way, you should have 94 spaces, one for each pixel.

EDIT:
Code:
If dim(rand(15
seems to be always true Smile rand(15 generates a list of 15 random float numbers from 0 to 1. So the dimension is always 15 -> that if-statement is always true
PT_ wrote:
Your problem is, is that spaces do not have the same width as normal characters. So, for example, the character P is equal to 3 or 4 spaces. In that way, you should have 94 spaces, one for each pixel.

EDIT:
Code:
If dim(rand(15
seems to be always true Smile rand(15 generates a list of 15 random float numbers from 0 to 1. So the dimension is always 15 -> that if-statement is always true

I tried 94 space, but that didn't work and shows exactly the same thing.
What would you suggest me to do with that if statement?[/img]
You should change your code as well as follows, otherwise you only draw N spaces instead of the 94.

Code:
Text(57,1,sub(Str1+"                                                                             ",1+94Ans,Nnot(Ans)+94Ans

You don't need that if-statement, only rand(15 is good enough for a time delay.
Welcome to Cemetech, RuuddeRuijter! You should take a moment to post in our Introduce Yourself thread if you get a chance. PT_'s solution is a good one; another option would be to use lines to erase the text:
Code:
For(X,Ymin,Ymin+6ΔY,ΔY
Line(Xmin,X,Xmax,X,0
End
PT_ wrote:
You should change your code as well as follows, otherwise you only draw N spaces instead of the 94.

Code:
Text(57,1,sub(Str1+"                                                                             ",1+94Ans,Nnot(Ans)+94Ans

Okay, I will try that as soon as I get home, thank you very much.

KermMartian wrote:
Welcome to Cemetech, RuuddeRuijter! You should take a moment to post in our Introduce Yourself thread if you get a chance. PT_'s solution is a good one; another option would be to use lines to erase the text:
Code:
For(X,Ymin,Ymin+6ΔY,ΔY
Line(Xmin,X,Xmax,X,0
End

Thank you, I will post something in the introduce yourself section. I didn't think of drawing a line, thank you. Btw how can you type a Δ in the TI-84 plus calculator?
That delta is not a separate token on the calculators. You can find DeltaY in [VARS] - [WINDOW] - [DELTAX] or [DELTAY]
PT_ wrote:
That delta is not a separate token on the calculators. You can find DeltaY in [VARS] - [WINDOW] - [DELTAX] or [DELTAY]

Oh okay. Thank you for clearing that up.
update:
PT_ wrote:

Code:

When I try this:

Code:
"Press any button to continue."→Str1
length(Str1→N
Repeat getKey
rand(15

I get this error ERR:DOMAIN next to (Ans)+94Ans
I'll now try the other solution.
Update2:
KermMartian wrote:
Code:
For(X,Ymin,Ymin+6ΔY,ΔY
Line(Xmin,X,Xmax,X,0
End

I tried this and got an ERR:SYNTAX on that last delta Y thing
Bump
Oops sorry, my mistake. It should be

Code:
Text(57,1,sub(Str1+"                                                                             ",1+NAns,Nnot(Ans)+94Ans

For that Syntax-error, are you sure you have typed the TOKEN DeltaY? Does it have an extra space after it?
PT_ wrote:
Oops sorry, my mistake. It should be

Code:
Text(57,1,sub(Str1+"                                                                             ",1+NAns,Nnot(Ans)+94Ans

For that Syntax-error, are you sure you have typed the TOKEN DeltaY? Does it have an extra space after it?

Sorry for this very late answer, but I still don't have it working. How do I get that N before ans and not?I now got ERR:DOMAIN and my cursor stops at 94Ans

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours