Well, I finally fixed the return of the scroll bug. Check it out:

Notice that I discovered two [related] bugs in the meantime
>>Going into a folder ends up with the scrollbar at a random, incorrect position (it's getting the proper length set, but remembering its position from before)
>>Going back up makes it reset the pointers, but not the count about where it is.

Finally, I went into http://doorscs.cemetech.net to update the tracker, and I noticed that something is funky with the insert/edit divs. To be fixed.
Excellent, a few bugs down more to go.
Awesome, got both of those fixed too! I think it's time for 5.5 beta 2 for you guys to test out...
cool, I will have to try it out when you get it out then.
Got the mem meter fixed, now for the batt meter and slow BASIC running...
all right. Can the calc actually tell the different battery levels? BASIc should be an easy one. Hey, feature idea, can you have an option where the BASIC programs can be slowed down or at full speed (for us programmers on a silver to see how a program would work on an 83+)?
That is indeed planned.
Alrighty, I'm on a roll! Battery meter fixed too; I forgot to account for an extra quirk of the TI-83+. On to folder pasting and slowrunning BASIC!
very cool, DCS6 will be a programmers dream then (though, I am not putting it on my calc till my emulator does some INTENSIVE testing, don't need to almost fry my calc again).
OK, I found the root of the paste bug: I for some reason decided to use the program flags to detect whether a program is in the VFAT, not the progcount. Razz Silly me. Working on a way to fix that now.

Edit #1: Gotcha! Only one more bug scheduled to be found and fixed before beta 2: the BASIC slowness bug. This will be a bit harder, because I haven't the faintest clue what's causing it.
Could it be a slow interupt causing the basic slowdown?
Nah, because I di when DCS starts and ei the TI-OS's own handler when I throw the BASIC prog at it. The only thing I can think of is that the pointer I'm handing to it might be off somewhat...
Once you fix the basic bug, I will start using DCS a LOOOT more.
Harq wrote:
Yeah, I'm a little stuck on this... Sad Still valiantly searching, though. Smile
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy W00t. If you can't tell, I'm very happy that the scroll bug was fixed. Good luck with the BASIC program bug. Cool
Yup, I got a bunch of little bugs fixed, so I'm quite happy as well. I want to finish this today... >.<

Edit: found a relevant thread! http://www.detachedsolutions.com/forum/m/32443/

As I suspected, I may need to clean the tempvars...
Harq wrote:
Yes same here, so Mirage can be kicked out of my calc.
very few games are MOS only...most have an ION version as well.
Indeed. But I may add MOS support anyway.
true, they do exist, and leaving them out coiuld be a hinderance, who knows.
Indeed, and there are enough examples of well-made programs that rely on the MOS libs that I'm beginning to become convinced MOS support isn't a bad idea.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours