Ok, so I'm making a simple program that draws graphs of cool functions. I easily succeeded in using the DrawF command for the Y= graphs, but I recently found some cool graphs for parametric functions (aka the X1T=, Y1T=), and I attempted to use the DrawF command draw them. Obviously, and what I didn't realize before, is that DrawF uses Y= only (maybe?) and therefore didn't work. Currently, I'm just putting the expression as a string into the equations. However, I would like for the user to be able to choose the color. I did a little research, but couldn't find anything relevant. Is there something that I'm missing that I can use to easily change the equation's color, or a command that resembles the DrawF command but can be used for parametric equations?
You could probably change the color of the parametric graph. Otherwise, I would suggest using Line( to draw the parametric equation from a For( loop:

Code:
Input "X=",Str1
Input "Y=",Str2
Input "Ti=",A
Input "Tf=",B
Input "dT=",S
String>Equ(Str1,Y1
String>Equ(Str2,Y2
A->T
Y1->C
Y2->D
For(T,A+S,B,S
Line(C,D,Y1,Y2,1,1,GREEN
Y1->C
Y2->D
End

This is a rather crude solution, but it may be what you are looking for. Smile You can also use expr(Str1) instead of converting the strings to equations.
Thanks for your response!
I think for simplicity's sake, I'm just gonna stick with what I have, and the user could just choose the color and line settings by themselves.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours