tr1p1ea wrote:
Ok so good news, I have commenced seriously porting over xLIBC to the CE.

I have had some minor challenges but have been making good progress this week, all things considered Smile

Great news!

c4ooo wrote:
Does doors CE plan to have a plugin system? What would be cool is that when someone develops a utility program (ex: text editor), they could make the program, at runtime, install a plugin into doorsCE.
So continuing my text editor example, the plugin will, for example, allow doors to identify the file type of the text editor and use the text editor when opening that type of file Wink
How does that sound?

I don't know if DCE 9 will/does have it, but DCS 7 had file associations. You could tell DCS that this kind of file was "yours", and whenever it was opened it would actually open the program it's bound to.
Doors CS 7 had an extensive system for this. Unfortunately, almost no programmers actually used it relative to how much effort it took to create and maintain, so I didn't port it into Doors CSE 8 and subsequently Doors CE 9. For what it's worth, it was called the Associated Program system.
I am new to all this but am wondering when doors will come out for the TI-84 CE
triforce wrote:
I am new to all this but am wondering when doors will come out for the TI-84 CE

We have no idea, but I think within some months, and Kerm said "in the early stage of 2016". Wait just a moment Smile
Personally, I hope it comes out before Summer starts. I need all those awesome xLIBC games to play during my Early Earth Science w/ Regents Exam Summer course when I get bored on account of uninteresting Powerpoints that work like lullabys.
Technically, xLIBC and friend BASIC extension libraries could be separate from any so-called "shell", provided they follow the same convention (defined by the OS) and provide the same primitives for hook management.
In fact, BASIC extension libraries should be separate from shells.
Dudeman313 wrote:
Personally, I hope it comes out before Summer starts. I need all those awesome xLIBC games to play during my Early Earth Science w/ Regents Exam Summer course when I get bored on account of uninteresting Powerpoints that work like lullabys.
I hope you'll still pay enough attention to learn about Earth Science, but yes, xLIBCE is progressing nicely, and once tr1p1ea and I get the time to put the finishing touches on our respective components of Doors CE, we'll have some betas for you guys to test. I definitely hope that'll be well before the summer.
Yes! Betas! This is great news.
And Earth Science isn't too bad in the Summer, I'll probably just be playing BlockDude during our 30 minute breaks.
Dudeman313 wrote:
And Earth Science isn't too bad in the Summer, I'll probably just be playing BlockDude during our 30 minute breaks.

What is dude man?
tringuyen0924 wrote:
Dudeman313 wrote:

What is dude man?

Well, Dudeman313 is a cemetech user.
Block Dude, he game he is referencing, is a game included in the PuzzPack App that is pre installed on the TI84PSE, and available for download on their website.
There is a is a TI84PCSE version (by merthsoft, available here) in color available for download in the archives,which is based on the original monochrome version. This version uses Doors CSE 8 color libraries, so as soon as the beta for DCE comes out, it should be able to be run on the TI84PCE.
When will it be available?
neuronix: you've been a member of the TI community for long enough to know that, and why, authors hate replying to such requests Wink
Hi guys! Is this coming out soon? I just bought a TI 84 Plus CE calculator, and I really want to try this program out. This program can edit lock, right?
Blockhead7360 wrote:
Hi guys! Is this coming out soon? I just bought a TI 84 Plus CE calculator, and I really want to try this program out. This program can edit lock, right?

What do you mean by edit locking? You can hide a program, if that's what you mean, then yes, this shell does (at least in previous version) offer the possibility to hide programs so that they don't show up in the program menu and can therefore not be edited without opening doors...
mr womp womp wrote:
Blockhead7360 wrote:

What do you mean by edit locking? You can hide a program, if that's what you mean, then yes, this shell does (at least in previous version) offer the possibility to hide programs so that they don't show up in the program menu and can therefore not be edited without opening doors...

I was wondering if it could hide a program only underneath the edit list, so others can use my program if I send it (using LINK) to them, but they cannot edit it. That's one thing this can do, right?
Lionel Debroux : I don't understand that you say. Sad
TIOS programs have a 'locked' attribute that will prohibit editing.
Hello,

I'm new here. Sorry for my bad english. I wouldn't use this forum, if there' ll exist a german forum for ti calculators but there isn't one.
I bought a TI 84 Plus CE-T several days ago.
This calculator seems to be the only version of the CE which can be bought in Germany.
Is there a difference between the CE and the CE-T?
Will it be possible to use doors 9.0 for the TI 84 Plus CE-T, too?

Greetings
Sunrise
Then you probably have a character that the board's software doesn't like Smile
Some accented letters are known to do that.
Thank you, I changed my post, now it works. But a feedback of the board's software would be useful in this case Smile
I hope someome reads my changed post.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 25, 26, 27  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 9 of 27
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours