Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
I just tried it, and it works well!

Feature request:
There should be a key combo setter for stopping the program if it's in an infinite loop, with a default like [Y=][Graph]. That way we can get beginners to know how to stop their endlessly-looping programs.
Eightx84 wrote:
I just tried it, and it works well!

Feature request:
There should be a key combo setter for stopping the program if it's in an infinite loop, with a default like [Y=][Graph]. That way we can get beginners to know how to stop their endlessly-looping programs.
...or just use ON, as is convention. I personally object to ON-blocking being available for just this reason. What you're proposing nullifies ON-blocking, so ON might as well just be allowed.
Eightx84 wrote:
There should be a key combo setter for stopping the program if it's in an infinite loop, with a default like [Y=][Graph]. That way we can get beginners to know how to stop their endlessly-looping programs.

Or the beginners could just not run their programs with the on blocker enabled. It's a reset setting by default, and will probably be eventually removed.

andressevilla wrote:
Bug report: Does not like basic programs to use Stop command: it will reset ram. I found out the hard way Surprised

Yep, I'm aware. This will be fixed in the next release, as will a true error handler implementation.
In addition to the issue with the "Stop" token which I know you are already aware of, I found a few more issues:
• ASM programs that enable things like the run indicator when they exit will leave them enabled into Cesium. Solution: Run your startup routine (or some of it, at least) when re-entering the OS from a program (including BASIC; you never know what kind of libraries might be in use).
• When exiting a program, Cesium will capture the last keypress. So if the user exits an ASM program by pressing [Clear], Cesium captures the [Clear] keypress and exits. Solution: Wait a moment (or until all keys are released) before accepting keypresses.

Other than that this is wonderful! I was getting tired of getting the "Asm(" token from the catalog all the time. Wink
Hactar wrote:
Other than that this is wonderful! I was getting tired of getting the "Asm(" token from the catalog all the time. Wink

Well, let's just add a hook to add that in as well on the homescreen. Smile
andressevilla wrote:
Bug report: Does not like basic programs to use Stop command: it will reset ram. I found out the hard way Surprised

I also found out this way. Actually, I was just about to report this bug. How cool
Wow very nice work Mateo! You sure are pushing out these releases quickly Smile.
Dam this is great! I always wanted to create a shell for the ti8x, but my better judgment told me not to simply becouse there where already to many (great Very Happy ) shells available like doors and mirage. Now would be a great time, to create one, but i dont have a CE Sad
Caleb_Hill wrote:
andressevilla wrote:
Bug report: Does not like basic programs to use Stop command: it will reset ram. I found out the hard way Surprised

I also found out this way. Actually, I was just about to report this bug. How cool

Fixed and updated. A Stop token now causes an immediate return to the shell.

wrote:
It messed with the getDate and getTime functions [...] it displayed the date and time at the top, it was something like 01Quadratic 01Quadratic 2015.

Fixed bug where it would mess with the output of getTime.

wrote:
I tried running a program from Cesium that goes immediately into a menu, so the keypress of [2nd] or [enter] (I tried both) carried over into my program and selected the first option for me.

Added in proper key debouncing. Fixed and updated.

In addition, errors in Basic programs no longer just quit directly to the homescreen; instead they are displayed and control is returned to the shell. I also added in a sort of APD feature, which automatically exits the shell after about 1:10 minutes of inactivity, and returns to the TIOS, where the APD there can handle things. In addition, the [ON] block option was removed, and was instead replaced with an option to turn on or off the run indicator in Basic programs. Something simple for now; that option is liable to change in the future. Again. Razz

Version is now 1.1
Bug:
Yeah so Cesium is being really messy on my calc. Tried reinstalling it and everything, I think it is a program that my calc is trying to load. Cesium just freezes up and eventually corresponds to keypresses, but a veryyyy long pause, and doesn't display screen fully.
I havent identified the problem yet, but it is a problem
Caleb_Hill wrote:
Bug:
Yeah so Cesium is being really messy on my calc. Tried reinstalling it and everything, I think it is a program that my calc is trying to load. Cesium just freezes up and eventually corresponds to keypresses, but a veryyyy long pause, and doesn't display screen fully.
I havent identified the problem yet, but it is a problem


Two or three of my friends have also been having this problem.
Hactar wrote:
Caleb_Hill wrote:
Bug:
Yeah so Cesium is being really messy on my calc. Tried reinstalling it and everything, I think it is a program that my calc is trying to load. Cesium just freezes up and eventually corresponds to keypresses, but a veryyyy long pause, and doesn't display screen fully.
I havent identified the problem yet, but it is a problem


Two or three of my friends have also been having this problem.


Mateo has (unfortunately) left the community for an unspecified amount of time, so it's unlikely that this bug will be fixed unless someone else takes the initiative.
It'd be very helpful to have a small reproducing case (as in, an example of a program that triggers this behaviour on a "clean" CE)
Mateo just said on IRC:
Mateo wrote:
Tell someone to put a 'di' instruction at the end of the DrawTime routine in the usefulroutines.asm file. It should fix everything. The source is now public, anyone can play with it.
Did that for this build: https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=320019
Let us know if that fixed it, and it will probably get uploaded/updated here as well.
Ivoah wrote:
Mateo has (unfortunately) left the community for an unspecified amount of time, so it's unlikely that this bug will be fixed unless someone else takes the initiative.

Here's the topic Kerm posted on behalf of Mateo: https://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12010
Given the licensing and Mateo going on hiatus, someone really ought to start a GitHub repo so the community can track different changes and nothing gets lost.
elfprince13 wrote:
Given the licensing and Mateo going on hiatus, someone really ought to start a GitHub repo so the community can track different changes and nothing gets lost.
Seconded. That would make sure that everyone across the community has access to the latest builds and code.
Yep good idea, I'm taking care of the GitHub repo creation and uploading (under his account, since he allowed me to do that).
Let me know who wants to be added as contributor for which project.

Edit: The Cesium repo is up: https://github.com/MateoConLechuga/Cesium
Cool! I have looked around the source code and changed some stuff on my computers copy. And when I say change, I mean change the name to "Andres' amazing program" cuz I have no idea what I am doing Wink

Hopefully I can contribute in the future when I actually know ez80. Smile
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 20
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement