Yes, that's right, WMP11 is now out... as a beta...

My initial reaction was one of awe. The new interface is sleek, blue, and shiny... It reacts faster, looks cooler, and just plain is awesome... The redone library shows your album art and adds new ways to organize your music, though it eats up a little extra RAM to do it.

Then came the bad news... I tried out the feature that adds new songs to the library, and noticed a slowdown. WMP had managed to eat up every drop of RAM i had, and within 5 minutes, Windowz wanted to up the size of my page file... a 1.5gb page file wasnt enough to contain the RAM leak...

So, in summary... It looks cool, it's awesome, but it's not quite ready for general use... but it's still nice, and i'd say it's much better than the old one.
Ugh, I was going to try it, too. Too bad it has such a massive memory leak. Sad
Yeah, i know... eating up a 1.5gb page file says something...

but aside from that, it works great...
it does (you have a gig of RAM, wow)
no, i have 512mb of RAM... windowz just automatically increased my page file twice... from 768 to 1024, then again to 1537ish...
ok, you need to look at maybe just upping the RAM a little on your comp
it's a laptop dude... it's got enough RAM for my purposes...
oh, not all lappys can be ugraded (I still have to get mine up to 320mb)
whoopde-friggin-do. WMP sucks.

Get Windows Media Player Classic (despite the name, it isn't made by microsoft, its on sourceforge somewhere) and Winamp - neither of which need nearly as much RAM as the bloated WMP

And if you need to upgrade your RAM from 512mb just to use WMP, I seriously think thats a sign to get a new media player Wink
K-Lite-Codec Pack, comes with Media Player Clasic, and like that, can play ANY audio and video file I have ever been able to find
Kllr: actually, i already use winamp Razz i was just trying this for a review excuse... and i dont have to upgrade my RAM, it just upped my Page file... difference Razz
Yup, I have that installed on my tablet, and I have yet to find something it doesn't work with.
alex10819 wrote:
Kllr: actually, I already use winamp Razz I was just trying this for a review excuse... and I dont have to upgrade my RAM, it just upped my Page file... difference Razz

yeah, but it upped your page file because you ran out of ram Razz
/me likes VLC.
elfprince13 wrote:
/me likes VLC.
Care to elaborate what VLC is?
KermMartian wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
/me likes VLC.
Care to elaborate what VLC is?

psh, n00b, care to google? Razz http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=VLC&btnG=Google+Search

I like VLC for DVDs, thats about it. MPC starts faster than VLC, so thats what I normally use.

Both are dirt on my shoe compared to MPlayer, but the windows version is pretty worthless without a GUI - but Gmplayer for *nix, on the other hand, dominates all
One word.

iTunes.

Keep the old WMP (or Realplayer) for DVD's.
birdmanx35 wrote:
One word.

iTunes.

Keep the old WMP (or Realplayer) for DVD's.

One word.

iLoonyTunes

iTunes is horrible, and RealPlayer is the worst media player ever.
agreed, the only reason for I have for iTunes is the iPod, beyond that I use Media Player Clasic or Media Player 10 for my stuff
JetAudio>All

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours