Seems like I am lucky! The next day after giving my calculator back to school, my friend and classmate gives me a TI-83+ for free Smile!

I just noticed it's OS is 1.14 and I thought that it may have some special worth for collecting. I have found a topic where people say upgrading is better, as 1.14 is unstable, but maybe something changed since then?
(I mean many people upgraded their OS and maybe 1.14 got rare...)

So the question is: Should I upgrade it to 1.19 or not?μ
Yes, I would recommend upgrading it to 1.19. This adds some things that may be needed by some programs/applications (mainly related to tokens) and may fix some bugs. And I'm guessing that someone has an archive of old OSes anyways, so there shouldn't be any special value in keeping an old OS installed.
Try to beat Illusiat 6 then upgrade. Razz Illusiat 6 final dungeon has display issues in 1.15 or higher, but upgrading to 1.19 would be better.
Okay, thank you guys! Smile
I won't have time to do that today but I will tomorrow, and I will post here if I have any issues while upgrading.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours