If I was an admin in this forum, this topic would be locked after the first post. This really serves no purpose (except to inflate post counts - see my post in Capitalization about what I consider lock-worthy for a more detailed explanation), and it's a waste of my time to have to even read the first post to learn what the topic is about. Bad Idea
I agree 100% here, this post had little content to it.
Chipmaster wrote:
If I was an admin in this forum, this topic would be locked after the first post. This really serves no purpose (except to inflate post counts - see my post in Capitalization about what I consider lock-worthy for a more detailed explanation), and it's a waste of my time to have to even read the first post to learn what the topic is about. Bad Idea

But its topic like these that are FUN! Leave things like this open, for it is the reason Off-Topic sections exist! Who cares if it raises our post count? Does that even matter? I love threads like these! They can be so much fun... Where in the rules does it say a post must contain actual content? If you don't like fun, albeit off-topic and near worthless, threads, then don't go to them. You have no right to censor those of us that like them.

4f 6e 6c 79 20 6c 6f 63 6b 20 69 66 20 69 74 20 76 69 6f 6c 61 74 65 73 20 74 68 65 20 72 75 6c 65 73 21
What is with the profusion of shitty topics in the last couple of weeks? Confused
jpez wrote:
What is with the profusion of <font color=red>censored</font> topics in the last couple of weeks? Confused
Care to improve it by making some non-sucky topics? Smile
or just self-censoring...

and Kerm, maybe you need to change that filter so quoting it doesnt make non-working HTML...
Hmm, there's no good way to do that while still keeping the red text.
div tags and CSS
you're the PHP master... you could figure something out i'm sure...
It would still show up as HTML in quotes.
oh yeah, i keep forgetting phpBB parser works differently from AlexForum parser... (It reparses that stuff everytime... so that would be easy to add)
Um... Is there any way to turn off the filter? Or maybe a list of words that are blocked?
only an admin can turn off the filters
KermMartian wrote:

sure there is, replace it with bbcode, which works just fine in quotes

see?
Quote:
this is bbcode: censored
this is html-replaced via filter: fuck

they look identical to me Wink (only the bbcode one is quotable by others...)
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

sure there is, replace it with bbcode, which works just fine in quotes

see?
Quote:
this is bbcode: censored
this is html-replaced via filter: <font color=red>censored</font>

they look identical to me Wink (only the bbcode one is quotable by others...)
What about the topic title though? It shows up as bbcode there.
So just have the filter change the messages to bbcode, and leave the title as-is, or just hope people don't cuss in the title Rolling Eyes

but i'd rather have a few screwed up titles than the much more obvious and often html in quotes problem
Kllrnohj wrote:
or just hope people don't cuss in the title Rolling Eyes

I smell a loop-hole Laughing
HAs anyone noticed that the topic -- Arcane Wizard acting like an a -- Shows up on SAX without censorship?
yeah, kind of odd isn't it (Kerm, is that a bug, or something no implemented yet>)
The topic titles are stored in plaintext (uncensored) in the database, then phpBB applies the censor when displaying the titles. I just need to find the censor function and force it to apply it to SAX adds. Easy as pie. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours