So I was trying to reset my TI 84 Plus CE because pressing 2nd and off wouldn't turn off the screen for some reason. So I took out the battery, held "DEL" while putting it back in. However, then something weird happened to my calculator.

The only way to turn on the screen is to press the reset button at the back with a paper clip. And when I turn it on, the "cursor" seems to be flashing in a weird sense. And when I press 2nd, the screen shuts off. TI Connect CE can't seem to recgonise it when I plug it into my computer as well.

Is the calculator bricked or something, how do I fix it?
Try taking out the battery for about 5 minutes and then reinserting it. If that doesn't work; you can try checking to make sure that none of the keys are stuck. Have you run any programs lately?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Try taking out the battery for about 5 minutes and then reinserting it. If that doesn't work; you can try checking to make sure that none of the keys are stuck. Have you run any programs lately?

Not really, I haven't done much with the calculator. I just bought it today.
I'll try keeping the battery out for 5 minutes and then re-inserting it.
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Nope, taking out the battery won't fix it. How do I check if the keys are stuck?
Probably not the best option right now. What happens if you hold the Left and Right Arrows, and then pressing the [ON] button?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Probably not the best option right now. What happens if you hold the Left and Right Arrows, and then pressing the [ON] button?

Nothing, the only way I can turn it on is by pressing the reset button on the back.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours