MateoConLechuga wrote:

My stand on this is that I wish others in the community had more incentive to create cool things, rather than people asking for stuff when someone is working their butt off to support pretty much everything Razz

I wish I had the knowledge to do such things without bothering said person working their butt off 24/7. Razz
Unicorn wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

My stand on this is that I wish others in the community had more incentive to create cool things, rather than people asking for stuff when someone is working their butt off to support pretty much everything Razz

I wish I had the knowledge to do such things without bothering said person working their butt off 24/7. Razz

Psh, you have learned so much and done things on your own, which is awesome. The rest of this thread though... I don't know why...

Anywho, some updates:

[Complete]
Jumping
Tile collisions
Tilemap animations
Tilemap scrolling
Simple level editor
Loading/Saving

[TODO This week]
Special boxes
Different tiles do different things

No screenshots unfortunately because I am at home and am doing other things Razz Maybe sometime this next week.
Oh, your actually working on it? Awesome! So what sprites are you using? Or have you redesigned the entire Mario thing?
Here's the screenshot of stuff: (The screenshot frameskips a bit so it looks like the Mario sprite isn't changing. It is in reality.)

I would just like to thank everyone for the support; it's nice to have Very Happy

Anywho, I rather liked writing this simulated physics engine; compared to the assembly portal this was a breeze Razz I am probably going to work more on powerups next, finish up the level editor, and then progress to working on enemies.
Holy What
That looks incredibly awesome, Mateo! Whats your estimate on the size of the final program?
calcnerd_CEP_D wrote:
That looks incredibly awesome, Mateo! Whats your estimate on the size of the final program?

Maybe around a 30K program with a 64K archived appvar? Probably less though Razz
Looking great! Runs pretty well, though do you plan on using more of the screen for the tilemap? Or would there be too much of a speed hit?
tr1p1ea wrote:
Looking great! Runs pretty well, though do you plan on using more of the screen for the tilemap? Or would there be too much of a speed hit?

For now I'm assuming the worst case scenario where enemies, powerups, and other things moving on the screen will cause a sharp performance hit, so I'm just trying to see what works best for now. Smile Everything is pretty easily changeable if need be.
Amazing work! Keep it up! Very Happy Laughing
Looks awesome
THAT IS SO GOOD!! Keep it up! Very Happy Smile Surprised
Added mushroom powerups and some jumping block stuff, plus blocks move when hit now.

(Also the new name is 'Oiram') Razz
Yay!!!!!! Progress!!
That looks amazing! It was funny; when I saw the topic, I thought it was a new game and I got super confused since it already had 7 pages. Razz Great work!
I like your new name for this!
just out of curiosity, I put this name into Google translate, and apparently 'Oiram means 'Surrounded' in Uzbek. Laughing
TheLastMillennial wrote:
I like your new name for this!
just out of curiosity, I put this name into Google translate, and apparently 'Oiram means 'Surrounded' in Uzbek. 0x5

Haha, that's pretty interesting Razz

Anywho, added goombas, turtles, and the fire sprite, along with the flash caused by power-down. Can't shoot fireballs yet, but that's pretty easy to add. Everything is pretty much based on one structure. Also need to make it possible to pick up shells... I haven't really decided how I want to do that yet Razz

Oh wow, that looks incredibly good. Keep up the amazing work, Mateo; I can't believe you put that together in four days!

MateoConLechuga wrote:
so it looks like the Mario sprite isn't changing
Surely you mean the Oiram sprite? Brother of the infamous Igiul?
Wow! That is looking fantastic, Mateo! Great job with this, though if I may say, that walking animation seems a bit too fast Razz

Again, great job, and I can't wait to try it out! Smile

EDIT: So kind of wondering how you are drawing and erasing thing? Are you updating coordinates and then displaying the tilemap to the buffer and then switching it over to the screen? You must have it running pretty fast, if so. (when I try such a thing, just displaying a plain color over everything else, things get considerably slower Razz)
I update coordinates and then just use the library's tilemapping engine, which I wrote for pretty much this reason Razz Then I update all the sprites such as Oiram and the enemies Razz

Update: Added the ability to pick up shells and throw them; can now throw fireballs, nice death animation, some poofs of clouds appear when things happen, and of course those chomper plant things, the ones that are normal and the ones that shoot flaming balls of death at you. Hm. I guess I'll need to start working on the dungeon enemies soon too.

Unicorn wrote:
walking animation seems a bit too fast Razz

Okay; I'll take care of it Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours