looks great! glad to see some progress. Can't wait for it!
Ivoah asked for the x component of momentum. Here it is in action, with a nice use case. Razz

Woah, that is quite awesome, yet again! But those feet move a little too fast... Razz Will momentum carry Oiram over edges?
Unicorn wrote:
Woah, that is quite awesome, yet again! But those feet move a little too fast... Razz Will momentum carry Oiram over edges?

Here I fixed the feet; now they only move fast when you are running at insane speeds:

And yes; you could potentially cause Oiram to fall over the edges Razz

EDIT:

Added castle enemies and themes:

Looking great man! I think the momentum addition is a great one and will help reflect the feel of SMB.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
EDIT:

Added castle enemies and themes:

ERMAHGERD, THWOMPS!!!

Also, you're doing a superb job, it looks just like the original Smile Keep up the great work!
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Enemies I still need to implement:
+ Bullets
+ Flying red koopas
+ Flying green koopas
+ Jumping fish
+ Cannon balls
+ Bowser boss

Powerups I still need to implement:
+ Star
+ Leaf

Other things to add:
+ Level ending
+ Pipe movement

This looks absolutely fantastic. My suggestions:
-Have the thwomp stomper activate when Oiram is a little closer
-Bullet Bill be a bit more random when being shot(It looks pretty repetitive)
-Have the Ghost move a little slower, and maybe the Lava Fireball too.

Your game though, do what you will. Smile
I have a question about the bottom half of the screen:

If there isn't any way to utilize it for the main game without slowdown, would it be possible to implement a map of sorts?
Eightx84 wrote:
I have a question about the bottom half of the screen:

If there isn't any way to utilize it for the main game without slowdown, would it be possible to implement a map of sorts?

Hm, possibly... Although it is a little more fun to explore Razz I have somewhat of an idea for the bottom half, but we'll see. Thanks!

Added flying koopas:

tristris389 wrote:
will this work on the CSE?

I would assume not, unless it is being coded in z80 asm and forcing the CE to run in z80 mode.
I'm confused about one thing, however: why do you have Mario bouncing off the shell when you go on top of it? Shouldn't that just kick it, too? That's how it's worked in every Mario game I've played.

EDIT: Momentum seems to stop when you stop moving, too. Shouldn't it have some carry?
JWinslow23 wrote:
I'm confused about one thing, however: why do you have Mario bouncing off the shell when you go on top of it? Shouldn't that just kick it, too? That's how it's worked in every Mario game I've played.

EDIT: Momentum seems to stop when you stop moving, too. Shouldn't it have some carry?

You are looking at old screenshots or something, momentum does carry over. As for bouncing on a shell; yes, it is totally possible. It does kick if you are to the side of it and jump though. You need to play more Mario Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
As for bouncing on a shell; yes, it is totally possible. It does kick if you are to the side of it and jump though. You need to play more Mario Razz

I don't think any Mario game works like what you've shown in the screenshots. I don't remember for sure if jumping on them makes Mario move upwards a bit, but I'm pretty sure jumping on shells always makes them start traveling across the ground.
I'm pretty sure that you do get an extra jump when you jump on a koopa?
tr1p1ea wrote:
I'm pretty sure that you do get an extra jump when you jump on a koopa?

I am certain of it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyaV69g6mps

Although this is not the exact kind of Mario that Mateo is creating, I just played Mario on my Wii (yeah, I still have Wii Laughing ) and you do bounce when you jump on a shell, or a koopa. But it does have be a perfect landing on the middle of the shell.
Quote:
(yeah, I still have Wii 0x5 )

Same, mine is so old it cant even read CDs Laughing

But I can still play downloaded games, and that's how I play Super Mario Bros. (1 and 3). So far, the mechanics in Oiram look exactly like those of the original Mario.

Looking Great, Mateo!
ditto
Will there be ground-pound? If so, how will it work on shells? Will they be destroyed or get launched in a random direction?
TheLastMillennial wrote:
Will there be ground-pound? If so, how will it work on shells? Will they be destroyed or get launched in a random direction?

Well, I am basing the game off of Super Mario Bros. 3 Advanced 4, and this feature wasn't added until Super Mario 64. So probably not; but you never know Razz Anywho, as for koopa shell jumping, yes, it needs to be exactly centered. I just fixed that Razz
MateoConLechuga wrote:
TheLastMillennial wrote:

Well, I am basing the game off of Super Mario Bros. 3 Advanced 4, and this feature wasn't added until Super Mario 64. So probably not; but you never know Razz Anywho, as for koopa shell jumping, yes, it needs to be exactly centered. I just fixed that Razz

There sorta was ground pounding. With the tanooki suit. If you landed on something while a statue you would kill whatever you fell on.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 8 of 19
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours