Can anybody point me in the right direction? I'm trying to get the rowops program running on the TI-84 plus CE I just bought. I had been under the impression it would run on this calc but obviously I was wrong.

I am most definitely not a programming guru so any help would be extremely awesome! Thank you in advance!
From a quick Google search, ROWOPS appears to be a TI-BASIC program, which should be fully compatible with the 84+CE. Have you transferred it to your calculator, and if so what error do you get when you run it?
Can you please give us more information regarding what you have tried, what it says when you run the program, etc?
thanks
I'm sorry, I should have posted up the error the program gave when trying to run. Not sure why I didn't think to do that.

But it looks like the nice person above already figured it out! Thank you very much. How would I go about taking the code you posted and making that into an .8xp file?
The easiest thing you could do is paste it into SourceCoder 3 and export a .8xp from that. Alternatively, you could type it out manually in the TI-BASIC editor on your calculator.
Here you go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/up1y22bouwvfetj/ROWOPS.8xp?dl=0
Ivoah wrote:

Wow you guys rock! This is definitely the nicest welcome I have ever received on any message board. I'm not used to people being so helpful - I really, truly appreciate it!
nails1 wrote:
Ivoah wrote:

Wow you guys rock! This is definitely the nicest welcome I have ever received on any message board. I'm not used to people being so helpful - I really, truly appreciate it!

I'm glad we made a good first impression!
i tried it out and it still doesn't run. I copied it to the calculator using TI connect ce. I then hit the prgm button and hit 3 - the number that corresponded to the Rowops program. It then showed "prgmROWOPS" on the main screen and I hit enter.

it comes back with:

"ERROR:SYNTAX
1: Quit
2: GoTo

Check all arguments entered. Press + on menu item for Catalog Help."

I chose #2 and it shows the program code with the cursor at the end of the first line where it says ClrHome.

Any ideas?
nails1 wrote:
i tried it out and it still doesn't run. I copied it to the calculator using TI connect ce. I then hit the prgm button and hit 3 - the number that corresponded to the Rowops program. It then showed "prgmROWOPS" on the main screen and I hit enter.

it comes back with:

"ERROR:SYNTAX
1: Quit
2: GoTo

Check all arguments entered. Press + on menu item for Catalog Help."

I chose #2 and it shows the program code with the cursor at the end of the first line where it says ClrHome.

Any ideas?

Yes, the code was simply copy-pasted onto sourcecoder, but there is a space at the end of each line of code, which should definitely be removed, once again, this can be done manually, and maybe there is a simpler way, but I don't know of any for now, I went along and did this modification, but honestly the code seems to have issues that would cause errors in it... Idk, here is the download link Smile
Thanks, it did run this time but it does appear to have errors in the code since it gave another error after choosing a matrix. I'll have to figure something else out.

Thanks everybody for your help!
nails1 wrote:
Thanks, it did run this time but it does appear to have errors in the code since it gave another error after choosing a matrix. I'll have to figure something else out.

Thanks everybody for your help!

well yeah, some lines are just undefined matrices, and some of the other operations are quite odd...

Code:
[C]
*row+(M,[E],I,J

also, it seems one of the menu options brings you to the same menu? anyway you might want to have a look at the code itself Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours