I personally think the industry is better off making extremely light, extremely portable yet full-function laptops/tablets, then give them an external display such as the one Vista will support.
KermMartian wrote:
I personally think the industry is better off making extremely light, extremely portable yet full-function laptops/tablets, then give them an external display such as the one Vista will support.

The industry hasn't reached that point yet. If they tried to do that now, all the features would be sub-standard, poorly implemented, and expensive. Look at the mp3 capable cell phones right now. They're high priced, have limited formats, and sound like s***. I'd wait a few more years before DAPs start merging with tablets and the like.
You're probably right, but I still think it should be done eventually. I understand your point; for example, they finally are starting to get tablets right after years of weak, heavy, underpowered machines.
KermMartian wrote:
Fair enough, whatever floats your boat. What about my question above re: what was broken about it?

it wouldn't start when it was fully charged
and it would del the music

idk wtf did but its fixed
KermMartian wrote:

A laptop/tablet won't fit in my pocket Wink
true, and sometimes heavy is a good thing, my laptop is just about the heaviest one out there, but I have dropped it I don't know how many times and there is no damage to it (but then again, it is a Toughbook).
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

A laptop/tablet won't fit in my pocket Wink
Yeah, but it fits in your bag. and I carry mine everywhere.
KermMartian wrote:
Yeah, but it fits in your bag. and I carry mine everywhere.

Sorry, but a pocket is more convinient, lighter, and harder to lose than a bag (aka, "purse") Razz
It's a messenger bag, and I also keep my chargers, headphones, and GraphLink cable in it. Smile
I do the same with mine, AC adapter (DC if I'm going on a trip), network cards, second battery, second HD (Linux), crossover cable, dongles, fuses, floppy or cd drive (whichever is not in comp), and the silverlink. Usually I have the iPod USB adapter in there also
KermMartian wrote:
It's a messenger bag, and I also keep my chargers, headphones, and GraphLink cable in it. Smile

Yeah, i throw my Creative MuVo in my pocket along with my keys and headphones - and it isn't even obvious that I have them in my pocket.
rivereye wrote:
I do the same with mine, AC adapter (DC if I'm going on a trip), network cards, second battery, second HD (Linux), crossover cable, dongles, fuses, floppy or cd drive (whichever is not in comp), and the silverlink. Usually I have the iPod USB adapter in there also
Yeah, that reminds me, I need to get a USB optical drive for my compy. It's uberthin and uberlight, at the expense of internal optical. So far that hasn't been a problem though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours