so my brother had this rio carbon and then it "broke"
so its jsut been sitting in my room w/ the rest of my computer/electronic devices im "fixing" so i was waiting for the charger which he lost.,..

so i plugged in the carbon to my computer via usb and it starts to charge
so im like yes mother fucka

so then i was thinking and about 2 months ago i was tryin to fix it and i got angry and threw it against the wall which is probly what fixed it lol
before that it just turned on and then gve these symbols..
so after i noticed it charging i did a hard reset
and now i have a 5gb music player!
and it works, wow, I think if I did the to my iPod, I would be back at the apple store
I have noticed similar effects with my Ipod. If I give it a good spanking I can usually get it to work. But, lately, I've been getting more and more sad ipod face, and less and less music playing. I've tried reinstalling firmware, reformatting, and any other trick I've heard of with no improvement.

Right now, I can't even get the a thing to boot up. It starts clicking loudly and then shows the sad ipod screen. I'm pretty close to giving up on it and upgrading the thing. It is over 2 and a half years old. It's about time I upgraded...I guess.... Crying
yeah, at that age, that is all you can do, mine is just over a year, and I have apple care, so I have a problem, I am at the store
I still don't want to pay 300-400 bucks for it. So a expensive, but well, I now have a music collection topping three-thousand songs, so I better use it.
Chipmaster wrote:
I have noticed similar effects with my Ipod. If I give it a good spanking I can usually get it to work. But, lately, I've been getting more and more sad ipod face, and less and less music playing. I've tried reinstalling firmware, reformatting, and any other trick I've heard of with no improvement.

Right now, I can't even get the <font color=red>censored</font> thing to boot up. It starts clicking loudly and then shows the sad ipod screen. I'm pretty close to giving up on it and upgrading the thing. It is over 2 and a half years old. It's about time I upgraded...I guess.... Crying

yea thats the problem w/ the ipod my friend gave me to fix
it starts up and then you just get the symbol right?
then at that point mine restarts but i fixed the restat problem
but when i try to restore defualts on my computer it says cann't be written which makes me thing she broke the internal mem when she kept droppin it...
yeah, harddrives don't like that kind of abuse

edit: btw, this should be moved
bahahahaha! I laugh at all you apple tools, the iPod sucks! My creative MP3 player is going on 4 years with nary a hickup. No corruption, no sad faces, no problems at all. Sounds just as good (and has just as good of battery life) as the day I bought it.

Next time get a real MP3 player, not that wussy iPod crap. Hell, creative Zens are like half the price, too...
same thing as Kllrnohj said, but replace 'creative' with 'cSmiling Catn' and 'sounds just as good' with 'about 10x the sound quality'.

At first I was excited, I thought it was the rio KARMA...

THAT was a DAP.....
Kllrnohj wrote:
bahahahaha! I laugh at all you apple tools, the iPod sucks! My creative MP3 player is going on 4 years with nary a hickup. No corruption, no sad faces, no problems at all. Sounds just as good (and has just as good of battery life) as the day I bought it.

Next time get a real MP3 player, not that wussy iPod crap. Hell, creative Zens are like half the price, too...

as you may have read i was not the ipod owner lol
ipods are crap!
i used a psp for my gamin, music , pic, and online uses
but mostly music during school but that was to big
so im glad i fixed the carbon
<------------>
and the ipod
is just crap the only reason people buy them are because they are well played
everyone has one, becasue everyone watches tv and sees those ipod ads
so everyone thinks ipod first
instead of loking and finding a quality product
I'll admit it, if I had the knoledge I did now about mp3's when I was looking at one, I would have never boughtan iPod (well, maybe now I would because I really like the video option)
rivereye wrote:
I'll admit it, if I had the knoledge I did now about mp3's when I was looking at one, I would have never boughtan iPod (well, maybe now I would because I really like the video option)

ahh ipod are the crapper if your bat dies what do you do?
if you break it?
you can't crap that open like other players...
and good luck w/ the apple store
+ they cost way to much
I say just get a cheap music player and in a few years get an new one...
instead of spending 300 for a thing that will probly last 3 years
What exactly wasn't working with it before you threw it against the wall?
Thermoman wrote:
if you break it?
+ they cost way to much

Yeah, spend that $300 on an English tutor instead... Razz
Kllrnohj wrote:
Thermoman wrote:
if you break it?
+ they cost way to much

Yeah, spend that $300 on an English tutor instead... Razz
Very Happy I happened to be thinking the same thing.
It does seem that he needs it for that post
rivereye wrote:
It does seem that he needs it for that post
I got the general sense of what Thermo meant, but I'd prefer it as complete sentences rather than a list of disconnected thoughts.
what!
so i can't spell and i have horrible grammer
ive always been that way
you can't stop the train!

i hate writing i can never get my point across well
so i do lil fragments like i did above
so as you read you understand
Fair enough, whatever floats your boat. What about my question above re: what was broken about it?
rivereye wrote:

The iPod was extremely late when it comes to video. Mine has it and its around a year old. People get sucked into thinking iPod is the first and the best in these things, when in fact they are neither (Zen Vision:M probably has the best out of the DAP's right now). Despite all this most people who buy video capable DAP's don't really need video, they just do it to have video. If they really cared they'd get a PMP, such as Archoos, RCA, or CSmiling Catn (A2).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours