Chipmaster wrote:

Jpez, I realize you wanted to challenge him, but I don't think a 7th grader is going to be able to teach himself Newtonian physics and be able to implement it (no hard feelings Harq). I hope this is of some help.

Lol i probably couldn't even if i did have time (i am already trying to teach myself asm and c++...)

I will look over all of this more once i am finished studying for my exams.

Pretty much English and French are going to be the hardest, for Social studies i only have to know the location of every country in Europe and Asia (no, i am not being sarcastic, it's actually pretty easy!)
something1990 wrote:
See it's during those moments when Omnicalc is extremely useful. Or did this happen before Omnicalc?
It might have been on a regular TI 83 Rolling Eyes

Harq I really hope you look at the previous page. It's all there, you just have to plug it in Smile
Chipmaster wrote:

Harq I really hope you look at the previous page. It's all there, you just have to plug it in Smile

I did it pretty much explains it, just wondering what in the world 'r' is

OK nevermind, chipmaster just told me that it is distance
It's the distance between point "a" and "b." Just think about it. What effects gravity. Well, the more mass, the stronger it is. The farther the distance, the weaker it is.
Chipmaster wrote:
It's the distance between point "a" and "b." Just think about it. What effects gravity. Well, the more mass, the stronger it is. The farther the distance, the weaker it is.

Ok, thanks for your explanation on the last page, it really helped

As i said i will try to program all of it after my exams... (or inbetween)
If you're just doing projectiles, the equations are rofly simply to understand (yes, I used "rofly" as an adverb). It's basically plug-and-chug. If both or multiple bodies are all in motion, it gets substantially more complicated. For Scarth, I treated the ground as an infinitely-long, infinitely deep block, and the projectile as a point of infinitesimal mass.
Well, what did you use for the infinitesimal mass. 0 obviously wouldn't work, unless 0*infinity =/=0.
let me rephrase that it was unclear. An infinitesimally-small point of positive, macroscopic mass.
Also known as a singularity. Good Idea
I'm just using these:

vxi = vicos(theta)
vyi = visin(theta)
x=x0+vxit
y=y0+vyit-0.5at2
Very swanky.
Heh, they're pretty obvious to anyone who's taken even elementary physics or Calc I...
Yup. The only problem is cumitively (major sp?) tracking the total vector force across each iteration.
"Cumulatively"?? Eh, I didn't really need to calculate forces for the objects in this instance though.
KermMartian wrote:
vxi = vIcos(theta)
vyi = vIsin(theta)
x=x0+vxit
y=y0+vyit-0.5at2

The big four, as my physic's teacher says. Cool
Chipmaster wrote:
Well, what did you use for the infinitesimal mass. 0 obviously wouldn't work, unless 0*infinity =/=0.

It doesn't, but it's not any better. It's undefined...
kirb wrote:
Chipmaster wrote:

It doesn't, but it's not any better. It's undefined...
Hence my correction of myself.
I've found it simpler to use parametric equations:
X1t=VTcosA
Y1t=VTsin(A)-4.9T^2
T=time
V=initial velocity
A=initial angle
Works well for earth-based projectiles.
That's essentially what I posted, just combined into two equations. Smile
Yeah. I find parametrics somewhat easier in this case, though.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours