do you every listen to music as you work?

would the type of music and depending on how well you liked it increase your concentration on the work?

it seems to work for me when im doing hw i find i get more answers right when listening to music then when im not..
so i was wondering if this was the same for others?
I always get my questions right wether or not I listen to music. In fact, most of the time I do my homework like 15 minutes before it's due! Very Happy
ahh nah i do hw at home
school is only fun because of my girls Smile
so you can see why i have no time to do hw in school
Girls?
I really don't do homework unless it's being graded/collected...
Eh, music usually just distracts me. Of course, that could have changed since last I actually worked on homework for a sustained period of time, but I'm not really digging the concept of testing that theory. Razz
something1990 wrote:
Girls?

yes
i don't pay attention in class at all
im alwasy talking to someone
mostly girls......
you know... smart ppl can be playa's to Razz
Thermo, don't bring that up, because I will shoot you down and reveal the truth quicker than you can say, "George Walker Bush". Wink
Thermoman wrote:
something1990 wrote:
Girls?

yes
I don't pay attention in class at all
im alwasy talking to someone
mostly girls......
you know... smart ppl can be playa's to Razz

Ok... No comment.
Nerds can be playas, but usually only with nerdettes, for obvious reasons. I find that music like lite or classical helps me concentrate, and while something like techno is good to help me type out something I've already written fast, it distracts me from work that requires a higher degree of concentration.
Ozzy always helps me concentrate. Razz
Seriously? I'd definitely be completely unable to concentrate with that kind of music.
That's the only music I can concentrate with. If it's anything else, I'm typically so disgusted with the music (hehe) that I can't concentrate. Razz
Why do you own & listen to music that disgusts you?
just about anything country, unless it is a really good song, helps me concentrate I think
I listened to this while typing an English paper. I ended up getting a 98 on it, though I haven't been able to duplicate that effect yet. Sad
Wow, you must be insane or a very fast typist. Shock
That is the most rediculus song I have heard in a long time...
That's from that ridiculous PBS show in the PI topic. I recognize it because that's the tune I have pi remembered to. Laughing
yeah, I really have to wonder how PI can help in english though

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours