So, once again it is time to feature some of the projects our members have posted to Cemetech, so no one misses out on some cool things. Sadly, for me this month was fraught with personal problems, so time and energy to work on this was pretty much non-existent. I've done my best to go through the lists and read up on what you all have been working on. I hope I've caught most of the projects to post. You'll notice that much of the activity centers on TI-84 Plus CE projects, which we're happy to see; we look forward to seeing what people create for the new calculator over the summer.

And without further ado:
  • Escheron: Twilight over Ragnoth: Geekboy and Iambian have been making progress on their RPG game, and show off varying enemies, maps, text dialogues and so much more. They also asked that the contributions of Zera, who has been designing other assets, be recognized.

• Photon: New project by 123outerme, this is a turn based strategy game for the CSE using ships to shoot other ships. Interesting screenshot shared in the topic, so check it out!

• BasicNote: Michael2_3B has been writing a text editor in TI-BASIC for the TI-84 Plus family. For those not following BasicNote, this month Michael2_3B has gotten some aspects of highlighting text working.

• TILP: Lionel Debroux has posted up about an update regarding TILP, with various fixes and upgrades. He's wanting people with GreyLinks to do some testing, to ensure things aren't broken.

• pi calculator: A project by JWinslow to calculate many digits of pi. Although not the first TI-BASIC program to implement arbitrary-precision arithmetic, it does it particularly well, so if arbitrary-precision math or pi interest you, you should check out the topic and the code he posted.

• Text( command centering tool: This nifty looking project helps you center up text on the CSE. A lot of work was put into this project, check it out if you ever have issues with getting text centered for your projects.

• Graph3DC: Our very own KermMartian has been hard at work this past month, making great strides in his development of Graph3DC, a 3D graphing application for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. There are so many things he's gotten added, and so many screenshots that shows off this work, that it's really best you bounce over to his topic and read up on all his work over the past month.

• Mono2Color: Some updates done by Mateo, showing off how well this works on the new TI-84+CE and brought a monochrome assembly Tunnel game to the TI-84+CE. Screenshots show off the impressiveness of the work.

• Portal Returns: Mateo has ported up this impressive game to the TI-84+CE, and updated the code to fix some reported bugs.

• 84+CE C Compiler: Mateo has gone out and setup a C compiler for use with the TI-84+CE, and has brought the instructions on how to set it up yourself into a forum post.

• Puzzle Frenzy: Another update by Mateo, bringing this game to the TI-84+CE platform. No other major changes were announced.

• Pac-Man: Another project by Mateo that is now available on the TI-84+CE.

• BTetris: BTetris by tifreak8x has been updated with feature requests and bug fixes. It now allows the rotation of pieces via the up key, and has a functional high score system.

And that's a wrap for this past month's project list! As we all move on into the summer months, we hope that you will all be able to find some time to work on projects and keep us updated on them, especially so I have something to write about!
Once again, great job with this! I know there wasn't a ton of activity this month with school & stuff, but I'll definitely be more active now, and I'll try to finish BasicNote soon Wink I can then move on to either Pony Express or Dark Hallways, but... I think I'll quit with Pony Express. Maybe? Idk.
Awesome to see the projects being worked on right now!
Even more awesome is seeing my own project at the top of the list wooo!
Code:
[21:59:08] <geekboy> tifreak you forgot Zera on the escheron topic. Whilst he does not post on cemetech he is the one making all the assets and story for us
[21:59:13] <geekboy> and really should be mentioned as well

I will point this out tho Razz
There was also ColorZ, by Unknownloner at http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11625 , but that was for a contest (which just ended a few hours ago) so maybe it doesn't count?

Anyway I need to catch up on all those projects. I didn't have much time to do so recently. I hope they get finished! Smile
Congratulations on another awesome Projects of the Month post, tifreak! I am particularly impressed that you managed to get this all done in a few hours last night, especially with everything you have going on in your life.

DJ_O wrote:
There was also ColorZ, by Unknownloner at http://www.cemetech.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11625 , but that was for a contest (which just ended a few hours ago) so maybe it doesn't count?
Quite a few Cemetechians contributed to this contest; I assume it was infeasible to mention them all. Smile

geekboy1011 wrote:
Awesome to see the projects being worked on right now!
Even more awesome is seeing my own project at the top of the list wooo!
You've been doing excellent work on it; it certainly deserves to be recognized.
Quote:

Code:
[21:59:08] <geekboy> tifreak you forgot Zera on the escheron topic. Whilst he does not post on cemetech he is the one making all the assets and story for us
[21:59:13] <geekboy> and really should be mentioned as well

I will point this out tho Razz
Well, since he doesn't participate anywhere on Cemetech, I wouldn't say he was "forgotten", because only through our PM/HCWP conversations about E:SoR am I even aware that he contributes to the project. Smile Anyway, I added a mention to the topic and news article.
I think DJ mentioned ColorZ because he actually had a project page here.

Great job everyone on all the porting and updates! Very Happy
I'm liking this post! Hopefully my SuperCalc will be up there when I start work on it. Very Happy
DJ_O wrote:

Anyway I need to catch up on all those projects. I didn't have much time to do so recently. I hope they get finished! Smile

When I last read up on it, it was a computer program that might get a CSE port, so I admittedly spaced it. :S

And sorry again for any screwups, it's been a trying past few weeks.
tifreak8x wrote:
DJ_O wrote:

When I last read up on it, it was a computer program that might get a CSE port, so I admittedly spaced it. :S

And sorry again for any screwups, it's been a trying past few weeks.
Oh wait I forgot his version was for the computer. My bad. There were 14 entries for different platforms including the CSE, and knowing Unknownloner is a long-time 84+CSE ASM coder, I always associate his color works to that calculator. It was Unicorn and to my surprise, CKH4, that made CSE entries, but they were not posted here sadly.
Wow, almost half of them were MateoConLechuga, awesome.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours