I was kinda screwed over too, because being a dual enrollment student meant that I registered last, so by the time I was able to register, everything was full, so I had to wait for classes to open (luckily I wrote a script to tell me as soon as a class opened up Very Happy)
So you have computerized registration? That's cool; we have to stand in line for hours to register. Smile
that has to suck. I wonder what signing up for college will be like for me (I really need to start thinking about it)
Most colleges actually do have online or telephone registration. We've been trying to get it here forever, but unfortunately there are some fairly logical arguments against it.
Quote:
that has to suck. I wonder what signing up for college will be like for me (I really need to start thinking about it)

Well, you'll probably be applying as a new full-time student when you get to college, so generally you'll have second-pick for classes.
ok, btw, your quote doesn't make sense, you know that, right (and people complain about me not checking my posts)
Laughing Yeah; copy and paste didn't seem to work that time...fixed.
that happens. Of course, before I apply for classes, I have to apply to a college, and before that, I need to decide on which one.
I need to start applying for loans & colleges soon...since I'll be going in '07.
same here, anyone here have any tips or suggestions on places to go (would like to stay in my area)
For engineering, I'd of course push my own school, but warn that you have to be prepared for no social life and insane grade deflation.
I am looking into Network Infastructure and Administration
Shock Cool! That's basically IT? Hmmm, what are you considering so far?
as in schools, there are none any higher that others (maybe IIT or something)
Ah, interesting. How is the college guidance department at your school then? Passable?
not the greatest, I think they are more conserned on UoM or MSU there
*sigh* That sucks. I think it really helps a lot when the College Guidance department is experienced and helpful with the whole thing.
Has anyone heard of North Carolina State University? (everyone says it's good; but personally I wouldn't attend any college here in North Carolina)

Quote:
For engineering, I'd of course push my own school, but warn that you have to be prepared for no social life and insane grade deflation.

I'm experiencing that with my Spanish teacher right now (also with my Anatomy teacher, but not quite as bad; I get almost all perfects on everything except tests (which are INSANELY HARD) which bring my grade down A TON (without them I'd have like a 97 in the class Laughing ))
KermMartian wrote:
*sigh* That sucks. I think it really helps a lot when the College Guidance department is experienced and helpful with the whole thing.

We don't even have a Guidance department: we have motivational posters scattered throughout the hallways.
Laughing You mean these??

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours