Since no one else has posted about it, I thought I would;

With E3 2006, there won't be the array of colors to choose from anymore. Also, they *finally* fixed that retarded-looking "boomerang" controller design:

And last but not least, the PS3 will break the bank at $599 on launch date with a 60 GB HD (knock off $100 for the 20 GB model)

I think it is way over priced. I am more a fan of the Wii from Nintendo
I prefer the Revolution over the PS3. (I know it's called "Wii" now. I refuse to call it that name. Mad )
Laughing I'll probably buy the Wii just for Red Steel...but personally, I think the name and the controller are the worst ideas Nintendo has ever come up with (maybe something got lost in translation? Laughing)
I couldn't agree more. They couldn't just keep the traditional controller designs and leave it as Revolution. I always liked Nintendo controllers. Those GameCube controllers sure were nice on your hands.
lol, I will prefer to wait a few years before I begin upgrading my systems... Let the costs come down...
...And then the Wii 2 comes out Laughing

Quote:
I couldn't agree more. They couldn't just keep the traditional controller designs and leave it as Revolution. I always liked Nintendo controllers. Those GameCube controllers sure were nice on your hands.

Personally, I prefer the N64 controller out of all controllers I have played with.
I didn't like having to stretch my thumbs out to reach the central joystick. That's just me. Also a lot of the joysticks on N64 controllers didn't last too long. I've had my GCube for three years now and the joystick is still as good as when I first got it. The N64 joystick didn't last as long.
lol, so Razz

I just bought an xbox a year and a hlaf ago. I just got the newest, slip ps2 to replace my old one 3 months ago... I got a Gamecube 2 christmas' ago...

I can be patient when it comes to something like that... besides, not everyone will pay that kind of price for the new consoles, they will wait until it goes down as well, and when they are being made, and not purchased, the price will drop fairly quickly...
That's me too. It will still be just as good a year later. Well it will be better after the company fixes some bugs they missed and lower the prices.
The wii controller looks fun though. Especially for Metriod Prime 3.
At my college we decided the successor to the Wii will be named either the Mee or the Yuu. Ah, the jokes that can be made with it. ^_^
The Wii controller looks pretty much like a remote control... I read an article on it somewhere (let me go look for it... Popular Mechanics or Times not sure which), and apparently also has built in motion sensors (ok I am now pretty sure that it is Times).

(P.S. why is having a bugged system good?)
Ultimate Dev'r wrote:
Laughing I'll probably buy the Wii just for Red Steel...but personally, I think the name and the controller are the worst ideas Nintendo has ever come up with (maybe something got lost in translation? Laughing)

the controllers are one of the coolest things to hit the consoles this generation. So far I have heard nothing but amazing things about them from different people who played with em at E3. The name is stupid, but the controllers are kickass.

The Wii controllers are motion sensing w/ rumble. The PS3 controllers are just motion sensing (which they changed from just rumble basically at E3 - not even the developers knew they were going to be motion sensing instead of rumble)
As far as I know, they have laser ranging plus dual or triple accelerometers each with two or three degrees of freedom so they can detect both absolute movement of the controller, such as a slashing motion, and relative movement about an axis of the controller, such as tossing it up and spinning it in the air.
I'm going to get a job to buy the Wii. Super Smash Bros and Zelda will be THE games to have.
something1990 wrote:
I'm going to get a job to buy the Wii. Super Smash Bros and Zelda will be THE games to have.
\

That will probably be the case, but i do not get consoles (Heck i only have 3 computers (damnit i think the CPU blew on one!) and a SNES Laughing )

I just play on the computers (Does anyone here play Guild Wars, Age Of Mythology, or Warcraft 3?)

It sucks because my Guild Wars Factions CE has arrived but my mom will not let me have till the end of school (just one more week Evil or Very Mad )
I have everything from the original Gameboy on up Very Happy (minus the Xboxes; they suck @$$)
I have a Gamboy Color and a Game Cube, thats it (no Playstation or Xbox)
I have 11 graphing calculators... Confused

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours