I know it's probably going to replace calc.exe for me as my primary non-TI math device emulated on my tablet...
it is the plan for my laptop also.
Proegssilb, is it still going to be specifically optimized for use with a tablet and tablet pen?
his plan is to use (at least for one front end) the TabletSDK. (I talked to him a lot back when this was still only an idea)
Oh ok, that's cool. Then does he plan to possibly have multiple frontends? Selectable by computer type or a user option?
KermMartian wrote:
Oh ok, that's cool. Then does he plan to possibly have multiple frontends? Selectable by computer type or a user option?

I believe he talked about this somewhere... The backend will be in Python and won't have a GUI. The frontend will be in whatever language is convinient and will just be the GUI, nothing more
yeah, the two will be independent, so you can make your own to fit your needs (think VTI skins here).
From Skype:
Proegssilb wrote:
Tablet 83 (T83) will be a replacement for the TI-83+ on a computer. Existing solutions require the user to hit a series of buttons to enter input, but T83 will use primarily straight-text input. One example, a user could select a text box, type 'sin(pi)', hit enter, and get an answer. Graphing would be handled similarly, but would be implemented in 'steps' so that the user could easily get values for specific numbers. Matrix and lists would have special editors, but could also be input through the text input. History would show both the original input rendered, and what the answer was. Further, history could be pasted into the current input and used again.
Programs would support both TI's files and straight-text. The user could import a program file, then T83 would remember the program and allow the user to run it at any time until specifically removed. A program editing mode would also be available. Features of that include auto-indentation, automatic beginning-of-line formatting, possibly other features in other advanced editors.
I just finished submitting a registration for a SourceForge project. If for no other reason than versioning, it'll be handy. The project has now (un)officially been GPL'd. I'll post when the project space is ready for the world.
Awesome, can't wait to take a look at the code. I know Kllrnohj for one will be happy to see this opensourced. Wink
It was open-source all along. There just wasn't any obvious sign of it. I wasn't about to be rude enough to ask for help, and no one seemed interested in the source. Apparently, that impression was wrong.
Huh? I for one wouldn't consider it rude to ask for help with a project codewise.... Feel free to do so whenever in the future.
http://sourceforge.net/projects/t83/ is up!

added:
Anyone who wants to help send me a message with your SF login, and I'll add you.
proegssilb wrote:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/t83/ is up!
Congrats! Hope that this helps you out with versioning and such.
yeah, this can only be for the better really.
I would have put DCS on SF, but I wanted to design a dev cms anyway, so I made http://doorscs.cemetech.net
KermMartian wrote:
I would have put DCS on SF, but I wanted to design a dev cms anyway, so I made http://doorscs.cemetech.net

well, that, and you don't need cvs/svn as nobody is helping you develop it....
Exactly. 'twould be needlessly complicated. So anyway, Proegssilb, any chance of a technology roadmap?
KermMartian wrote:
Exactly. 'twould be needlessly complicated. So anyway, Proegssilb, any chance of a technology roadmap?

You know, not many people do that crap except for you Razz
actually, he did do one for Robotics, but that fell through (remember that one?), but he always could.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours