Hey, I thought, instead of using the IRC Chat I could make my own. Its coming pretty well right now, and wanted to post my progress. Its going to resemble my forums as will the rest of my website. I am actually going to mix the new schemes of my new web site I am going to make, in advance to Forum OS, and the formatting of my forums right now. I am making my Chat right now, very basic, hope you all like it. The chat will be frequently updated btw.

SGAF Group Chat

That is just what it is going to look like when posting and stuff. I am going to add some cool effects to the text that you will be able to use. Including Quoting, always thought that would be useful Smile .
Looks nice! How is it going to work, Ajax? Comet?
Well its going to be EXTREMELY basic, its jsut gonna write stuff to a file and show it mostly. Too basic almost. But its going to have alot of differant text enhancments though
WOW! I am very pleased with the work I accomplished last night, with the help of Kerm and Thomas. Very Happy . Using IE the chat is pretty much finished, but with Opera I still need it to refresh the iframe of the posts.

The next thing I am going to work on is the Usernames, right now you would have no clue who you were talking to if you got on. Temporarily I am going to make a list that updates with a log-in form. What it will do is it will just take the name that you submitted and put it as your posting name. Easy enough right? Smile . But I will be working with SQL for the next couple of days and the weekend to get the SN's and passwords up and then it will be a functional chat Smile .

Close to one actualy. I am also goign to work on how to keep the scroll bar in the down position. Anyone know how to do this? JS maybe?

And I also need to get the iframes to refresh at a good rate, once I finish the bottom two thing I posted, it should be semi-functional(but those are the easy ones Razz ) Then I will work on SQL.

I will definatly need help on SQL.
swivelgames wrote:
WOW! I am very pleased with the work I accomplished last night, with the help of Kerm and Thomas...I will definatly need help on SQL.
I'll be here. Smile
Hey Kerm, I need to know how to refresh an iframe. I also need a good int refresh rate. I have also tried to find out the code to keep the scroll bar of the iframe in the down posistion. But could'nt figure that out or find it on the web. Sad . I am gettin kinda lost right now. I just need a refreshing script, that refresh ever so often, and a script to keep the scroll bar in the down position(I never really studied scrollbars :/ ).

If I could get that from some that would be good. I can probably get the refreshing script myself, I will probably just write it, its an easy code to write. But I do need the scrollbars script. Thanks all Smile .

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours