Hello! So I have this TI 83 that has been fully repaired of it's traces, removed of corrosion, and removed its fuse. Well, its hooked up to my bench power supply and I have been fiddling it for some time now and I noticed that no output what so ever if I put all four of triple A batteries.

Now the weird part. I noticed that the calculator's whole LCD turns on (about contrast of 1 or 2 in my ti 84+) when I apply 4.1 volts. If I go down from 4.1v, the contrast also goes down. However, when I crank up the voltage a bit more, it slightly increase the contrast and "shuts off" the display.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

P.S. I also noticed that when I was accidentally pressing on to the bottom array of connections on the LCD, the contrast changed by the location of where my finger was located so, maybe the LCD issue?

Thanks!

Additional Info:

I was able to crank up the voltage up to 5.7 volts and the whole LCD looked like if it was at contrast of 9.
If the trend continues, a voltage of 6 is 4 AAA batteries. Does that mean the contrast is higher than 9?!
am i the only one who cringes when reading the topic subject?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours