Do you charge for repair/program loading? [Added by Kerm]
Nope, never. I don't do either of those.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not a chance. I give my services for free.
 75%  [ 3 ]
Occasionally. It depends on how complicated the thing I'm fixing or loading is.
 25%  [ 1 ]
Nearly always. I've got to get properly reimbursed for my time.
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

Whatever I give games out too and help people with dumb stuff like messed up graph settings.
I love helping people with their calcs.
I am the calc genius at my school. I have seen things so stupid as an archived Matrix causing students trouble. They watch me fix problems in about 6 seconds and go, wow.
My favorite thing is when people accidentally turn on Plots and get confused when they get an "Err:Domain" trying to graph... 5 seconds and done. Smile
I think we all help out people at school. It's our little way of giving back to the community.
I got an email a while back to help some guy at a tooling factory... Smile It was a simple change within the MODE settings that needed to be fixed...
tifreak8x wrote:
I got an email a while back to help some guy at a tooling factory... Smile It was a simple change within the MODE settings that needed to be fixed...
Laughing Shock A tooling factory?! One that makes tools, or one that tools stuff like leather?
Why was he using a calculator? How did he know you (or find out about your l33t skillz)?
who knows, but that is good. I have had teachers I never seen have me help them (but these ones are stumpers)
rivereye wrote:
who knows, but that is good. I have had teachers I never seen have me help them (but these ones are stumpers)
Heh, I helped the Calculus teacher with just about everything Junior year with calculators. ^_^
In my math class I'm known as the calculator wiz (yes, even by the teacher...well most of the students call me Stet-the Jet because of my awesome math skillz, but that's besides the point). Whenever we do a new section and it's possible to use a calculator, she has me demonstrate how to do it on the overhead projector (with the calculator attachment thingy). Everybody's always amazed.
I must have had to fix some 10 calcs in the past 2-3 weeks. I never can figure out how people can be such idiots with their calcs. I had one person who couldn't figure out why an equation wasn't graphing. Turns out he had turned the function off without knowing it. Laughing
We just love patting ourselves on the back about what genii we are, don't we? Very Happy
It was a tooling factory, he couldn't get the equation to come out correctly, for some angle that he needed. And as to how he found me, probably through google>my site. Smile

I can try to post the email if I can find it... ^^
Everyone always comes to me at my school with broken calculators, game requests, etc. It becomes a hassle sometimes with 3-4 calculators that are not yours in the middle of class going nuts with the transfer cables and trying to fix problems. Razz
Rolling Eyes All of these are little things that don't mean a thing. It doesn't make you feel good that you just gave someone games or helped with a technical problem. Rolling Eyes
I always feel good after showing somebody why their calc isn't working....
I don't like helping people with their calcs that much and don't volunteer information unless someone asks me specifically. That's because 99% of the time it's someone who just doesn't want to take the 5 minutes to figure it out for themselves, and the problem they have is usually because they're doing somthing stupid in MirageOS. Rolling Eyes
I'm curious about something - added a poll to the fr0st p0st. I picked "never, I give my services for free". I believe there may have been one exception, but I can't remember it atm.

With non-calculator stuff, my friends and I once "fixed" a classmate's radio with new batteries and (wait for it....) glow-in-the-dark Silly Putty. Dunno why we bothered. Razz We charged $4.82 (?) for the fix, and got it in pennies. Very Happy
I used to charge $.10 apiece for my progs, but there was never really a market at my school so I stopped. Neutral

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours