» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Even when archived?

Code:

"CORTANA" -> Str0
det(5)

That'll toggle the status.
For just replacing, Why not try?
How do I add the quotes in? It works otherwise, though, but the icon won't show up because it's missing the quotes.
Doesn't DCSE automatically put quotes on the icon line? Or just DCS?
No, you have to insert them.
I know there's an a way to do this with asm, but here's how to put a " in a string with BASIC:
Manually put a " in a Y=var, i.e., Y₀

Code:

:Equ►String(Y₀,Str0

You can also use this to get an "→" or a Str with length 0.

EDIT: Ninja'd in the SAX Chat Evil or Very Mad
Quote:
19:57:16 (#) Iambian: Celtic 2 had a function that let you do this.
19:57:52 (#) Merth: (dcs.cemetech.net)

http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/DCSE:BasicLibs:SpecialChars

EDIT 2:

Code:
:det(3
:sub(Str9,2,1
:Ans+\whatever your icon is\ → \your icon\
And after that would be →Str9? And det(1?

I just want my string in quotes to replace the second line.

Code:
:det(3
:sub(Str9,2,1
:Ans+\whatever your icon is\ →Str9
:"CORTONA"→Str0
:"I assume that's the name"
:2:det(1

Protip: " works like //, except it affects Ans
I found part of another code that has sub(Str0,2,length(Str0)-1→Str0. Would that also add quotes?

And it's Cortana, not Cortona. Thanks.
It says →"???????
What version of DCSE are you running? I seem to remember a bug similar to this in an older version. I just ran this test program with DCSE8.1 and it works almost as expected:

Code:
prgmA

Code:
prgmB
det(3
sub(Str9,2,1
Ans+"1->Str9
"A->Str0
2:det(1

After running prgmB, the results were

Code:
"1

According to the wiki page it should be inserting the line, not replacing it. I'll follow up with Kerm to either change the documentation or change the function.
It doesn't display anything in line 2. Let me try again...
Okay, my code is this (O is if Cortana is enabled):
det(3
If O=1
Ans+"blahblah→Str9
If O=2
Ans+"blahblah→Str9
"CORTANA→Str0

What's wrong here?
Still blank.
As covered previously, det(3 will fill Str9 with TWO characters. You have to piece out the character you want to use. Also, the if statements are probably mucking with Ans, so I wouldn't suggest using that.

Try:

Code:
det(3
sub(Str9,2,1→Str9
If O=1
Str9+"blahblah→Str9
If O=2
Str9+"blahblah→Str9
"CORTANA→Str0
It makes the quotes, but doesn't replace the line. Do you have to make a separate program to write another one or can you do it in-program?
What does it do then? Also, what version of DCSE are you running? I've been testing under 8.1.2 and it replaces the line. It's possible earlier versions actually inserted.
I am running the same version, I paused it right before it would "replace" the line and Str9 had quotes, but they won't write to the line. Sad
So what actually happens? Is there no change at all? Is prgmCORTANA archived? Does the same thing happen if it's not archived? Do some debugging steps.
I did. I made a program called BETA, changed "CORTANA" to "BETA" in the code, and stopped the program like I said. Str9 displayed on the screen properly, and then when I resumed, the program quit like normal, and there was still no icon.
What is the value of Str9 after the det(1? The wiki page says it could contain an error if one happened.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 21
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours