Hey if you want to make graphical maps, you can use statistical sprites. They don't use strings but can be useful. The No Library Guide to BASIC Maps and Sprites will have everything you need to know about stat sprites.
@Elfprince: You should add a link to the StatSprite download page in that tutorial.
If you have the link, I will see about adding it
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/384/38473.html
thanks for the site

do you know how to make a string map scroll across the screen?

bking0 Laughing
Yes in fact, I do. Actually, I have a full api for it hanging around on my computer somewhere. Lemme see if I can find it for you.
Ok Laughing

thanksyou this will help me alot.

also can someone tell me how i can make IR work on my calc?

bking0
Erm, that takes a good deal of electronics experience to build...
And programming experience to make function...
He's already got the source code for the PIC posted, so that shouldn't be a huge problem.
Bking0 wrote:
Is there a way to use strings to make a graphical map?
if so how? I know you can do text sprites but those kinda look cheep. I mean how do you make real cool looking graphical maps?

bking0 Cool

I have a ti 83 plus for reference Graphing Calculator

Just to let you know, I will have an exampe up for you soon to look at. Wink
Cool! And I still need to post up that Mazer engine I made.
Well, it will be tonight, once I get the new demo of AODR made.
How complete is it now? Have you had an interest in it from some of the other community sites?
visit the AODR thread for its completeness. But for purposes of showing him, it is complete enough to give an example as it is right this minute. I just don't have any graphlink or ticonnect software at work, so...

Anyways, sometime tonight I will post the code/program and explain it.
Cool. I'll shut up now and see if he has anything more to add to this. Smile
if you still need help on the map i have an unoptimized somewhat bad map i could show and explain to you
What features does yours have?
99 tile map, text based menuue though it uses labels it is neccesary because i use the MENU( ommand
Ah, cool. Lbls though... Sad You can build a custom menu on either the homescreen or the graphscreen pretty easily with the same or fewer bytes than Menu(+lbls.
oh i do not get how that is possible but Kerm you can download it and given an example copy i might be able to after i optimise a few other bits, if you want a copy it is GAME1P7 in the file, which in my group

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours