Seriously though, I'd like to hear what JPez specifically feels is sucky about Thermo's site so that we can help him improve his web design skills.
The page takes a little longer than I'd like to load for me. Also, that tiny black bar that goes down the ThermoMods text is kinda annoying. Other than that, I don't see anything wrong with it.
KermMartian wrote:
Seriously though, I'd like to hear what JPez specifically feels is sucky about Thermo's site so that we can help him improve his web design skills.

well, for one thing, he ignored all the suggestions that were given. Absolutely nothing has changed to improve the site
The bright blue text on a dark blue/black background for starters.
1. Color scheme
2. Number of images
3. Load time
4. "yellow" highlight
Content not presented in intelligible manner.
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

well, for one thing, he ignored all the suggestions that were given. Absolutely nothing has changed to improve the site

i like the site layout (theme)
but im not updating yet cause soon im gunna set up a paypal account and get my web hostinig and design up then the site will change when i upload that new page....
Cool Thermo. So let's summarize:
1. Color scheme
2. Number of images
3. Load time
4. "yellow" highlight
5. Content not presented in an intelligible manner.
i plan on fixing the site soon in my free time
first things are the images and my nav bar
the next will be the general crap that goes into a website
I think you should abandon the big blue image headers and go with CSSed plaintext instead...it would save so much bandwidth.
http://www.thermomods.com/

i added new nav bar images
they are smaller in size and way cooler
and you can read them
the rest of the site im doing later Smile
comment on the new nav bar
Perhaps consider a darker or lighter blue for the hover instead of red?
red,black,and blue are my fav colors together
its just my thing...
Color theory says otherwise regarding complementary colors. May I recommend you read up a bit on color theory?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_theory
i was saying that the red and black
and blue and black have always been my first choice of colors
they blend nicer to me than anyother
And I was saying that the combination of neutral (black), warm (red), and cool (blue) colors creates a clash. Try using neutral and warm or neutral and cool only.
those new images are so incredibly ugly....
...essentially my point, in less diplomatic terms. Blue + red + black = tres ugly.
KermMartian wrote:
...essentially my point, in less diplomatic terms. Blue + red + black = tres ugly.

no, not just the colors (although the yellow text has GOT to go...), the button design itself looks butt ugly
I'm not crazy about the red mouseover for the blue buttons.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours