heres my site
http://www.thermomods.com/

can i make this any better?
(btw im switching hosts very soon, probly tonight, so the website dun have much info as of yet

just stuff from the last few weeks
not a bad page, I like it. A little dark though. The one thing I would do would move to an external style sheet for CSS so this way all pages could be changed from one location.
I like it, although it's a bit image-heavy for 56k people. You should add a low-image template as well.
get rid of the yellow-ish strikeout behind the text - makes it too hard to read (and its just plain ugly)

also, cut back just a *bit* on the text glow, it causes the letters to overly blend with each other, lowerering contrast
Kllrnohj wrote:
get rid of the yellow-ish strikeout behind the text - makes it too hard to read (and its just plain ugly)

also, cut back just a *bit* on the text glow, it causes the letters to overly blend with each other, lowerering contrast

what yellow-sih strikeout? and the images just need a bit of touchin up

KermMartian wrote:
I like it, although it's a bit image-heavy for 56k people. You should add a low-image template as well.

i had gobbles load the page its fine
all the images are .gif
Thermoman wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

what yellow-sih strikeout? and the images just need a bit of touchin up

KermMartian wrote:

I had gobbles load the page its fine
all the images are .gif

Do you not see the line going across the back?

and the images need to be much better compressed, 5kb for such a small image (the cemetech one is the one i am referring to) is almost obscene - amp up the compression
images are not my thing as of yet
if you guys don't know i taught my self everything i know about the computer
(and i continue to learn)
im going to go read up on css, and maybe if i get some customers buy photoshop

but until then im using GIMP (which everynow and then freezes my computer cause of the hyper threading thec.)

so as you can see im fighting everything to make this work
after running into problems w/ my income and then the host
ive finally got the money and the host

and i would like to hear more opinons
also i don't see the yellow lines lol can u take a pic of what you see..
all the other people who have seen this site have had no problems..
It takes to long to load on a 56k connection and the blue in the bottom right contrasts too much with the black. Very distracting. And the buttons are hard to read.
I think that the images look cool, but on that kind of site you might be better off going for a simpler, cleaner look.
might be. It is an interesting idea though that you should archive if you move to a different design
Oh certainly, currently it's a very vibrant and energetic color scheme.
i try

and i still don't see that line....

but anyways im having problems w/ the favicon now
and i still don't have my host!
Thermoman wrote:
I try

and I still don't see that line....

but anyways im having problems w/ the favicon now
and I still don't have my host!

I'm beggining to think you are colorblind.... o.0

anyway, here is the orignial along with the stupid line highlighted in red

if you STILL don't see it, open it up in GIMP or Photoshop, grab the color select tool, and start clicking where I have the red line and watch the pixel values not be black - meaning there IS a line there, whether or not your eyes can see it
Looks kinda white to me...have you calibrated your monitor lately? Wink
It's definitely red in the screenie and on the site itself. I have a relatively new 17" LCD flatpanel -- have you calibrated your monitor lately?
D'oh...not the line in the bottom pic, the line in the top pic. :/
Oh, I see the white line too, obviously...
Kllrnohj wrote:
That's what I was talking about. He said it's yellow, but both of us see white.
The confusion multiplies...maybe he is colorblind? Maybe both of them are? Maybe we both have completely different concepts of what "yellow" is?
I define yellow as some shade of #FFFF00 through #010100 with R(+/-)B = 20%.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours