http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2147157&cp

640x480, takes 179 pix on its own, charges via USB, takes up to 29 seconds of video, and can be used as a live webcam. $9.99 at radioshack. Horrible quality building, but it works. Go for it! (Skype works with it too)
post some samples (pix and vid)

Not great, but less terrible than I expected.
How much worse could you have been expecting? Confused
jpez wrote:
How much worse could you have been expecting? Confused
Well, I'm still figuring out how to hold it steady while taking pix...
better quality than my lego cam which I have sitting on my monitor.
BTW, in the second pic, that black monitor is Cemetech-0's monitor. Smile
I use a PS2 Eyetoy(have 2 actually), an Intel Webcam, and an Aiptek camera(this one is really good quality) for my stuff. I use the Intel for webcam and stuff, the Eyetoy for making good quality lego movies(Actually pretty good for filming), and teh Aiptek for all other types of pic taking. I can post up some eyetoy computer drivers if you'de like, its really not that bad of a camera, plus its got a mic too. The only problem is the too lights, which are easily taken care of using a piece of tape and a small folded piece of paper. Smile . Does anyone here have an Eyetoy and would like to use it on your compy? Good Cam to use Wink .
Good to know. BTW, I think I'll start posting up some of the pix I've taken with this thing...they're quite interesting.
Man, that thing is such a piece of trash, but for $9.99...that's tempting.
it is, for $10, what is there to lose (time to flip a coin?)
rivereye wrote:
it is, for $10, what is there to lose (time to flip a coin?)

Well, you could lose $10 Razz I mean, thats like a couple two liter sodas and several bags of snacks (pretzels, chips, etc..)

personally, i like the food over the crap-tacular camera....
Such is my dilemma.
But then you could take surreal pictures of your surroundings and hold dim, hard-to-see videoconferences!
I went to Radioshack yesterday and they were sold out. Sad The only place they had them in stock was the store in a really bad section of downtown, and I didn't want to drive down there.
I posted some pix up on my facebook...if you're my friend, you can check it out.
I don't have a facebook, sadly.
jpez wrote:
I don't have a facebook, sadly.
Don't you have a school mail account? Or are you concerned about privacy etc?
No, you need to have an invitation if you're in high school.
jpez wrote:
No, you need to have an invitation if you're in high school.
Surprised Lame! How do you get an invitation?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours