KermMartian wrote:
I might even take it over the summer....fun fun fun!!

I took integrated 3 over the summer so that i could be in precalc this year. only sophomore in the school taking precalc.
wow, I wish I could pull that kind of stuff off
woah... now i understand why i finished all my math last year... (i managed to clear out all my high school math in two years... it woulda been a year and a half, but the idiots at my middle school wouldnt let me take Algebra I as a 8th grader Sad)
I could have finished high school math in two years, but instead of doubling up in math as a freshman, I decided to double up in science so that I could take 3 AP science classes as a senior. As it stands now, I'm set to be done with math for high school by the end of this year (so in three years). That is, unless I decided to take an independent study (which is where you teach yourself because the school lacks math classes beyond AP calc) and teach myself Calc II or whatever else I want Very Happy
ok, lets see here, last year, I finished all math that was required of me to graduate, and then decided to take another two years so this way I would have 4 years. Only two years of math required of any level
Really Surprised My school requires three, and strongly recommends four.
yeah, i've got like 4 or 5 AP courses next year... (out of 8 classes total... so i get a nice tiring year)

on the plus side, i signed up for AP Computer Science and Astronomy Honors...
I signed up for AP compsci three years in a row, they never offered it, so I gave up on it
I take compsci next year. It's the only technology course at my school that gives AP grade points instead of regulars. Sad
alex10819 wrote:
woah... now I understand why I finished all my math last year... (I managed to clear out all my high school math in two years... it woulda been a year and a half, but the idiots at my middle school wouldnt let me take Algebra I as a 8th grader Sad)

our school spreads what should be a 2 month class out over 9.....I wouldn't have had to resort to drastic measures, but ours was the one year they didn't let 7th graders take Integrated 1 (our equiv to Algebra 1)

next year as a Junior, I will be taking 200 or 300 level college computer science classes (depends on when they are offered). Im taking the AP AB computer science exams this year as a sophomore. As a senior I will take Calculus 2 and probably Linear Algebra at the college.

plus theres normal AP classes for me to take.....
Yeah, I got on the math fasttrack, so I took Algebra II freshman year, Geometry and Precalc sophomore year, Calc I junior year, and Calc II and Calc III senior year,
My route:
7th-Alg I
8th-Geometry
9th-Trig/Precalc
10th-Calc
11th-nothing
12th-Calc II at local college
So anyway, does this deserve a topic split?
Chances are we've all taken math a year or two above our grade. Smile
KermMartian wrote:

heehee.....not just math. I tested at above a 12th grade reading level when I was in 3rd grade.
Heh, I am smarter as far as academic and raw testing skills than 99% of the population (IQ and SAT).
KermMartian wrote:

Stupid School won't let me get ahead in math, I am on the same page as most in my grade
Ugh, that sucks. I hate when schools won't give me the proper challenges I want; luckily that hasn't happened to me much yett.
rivereye wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Stupid School won't let me get ahead in math, I am on the same page as most in my grade

Just go to the library and get some calculus books. After feeling comfortable with it see if you can test out of calculus and take some Dual Enrollment math course. I got tired of doing the same thing every time we went to Alg 2, which basically was a lot of review for stuff so ridiculousy easy it isn't even funny, like combinations, permutations, binomial theorem, synthetic division, etc. On top of that, we are forced to take either trig and analytical geometry or AP calc next year. There's no way I'm going to the lower class because it would be a repeat of Alg 2, as in too much review time and not enough learning time. I checked out a calculus book because we can't take precalc over the summer, and I want to be more than ready. I checked it out Monday and am on Chapter 4 today. I hope to get done by next week and get another book.
KermMartian wrote:
Heh, I am smarter as far as academic and raw testing skills than 99% of the population (IQ and SAT).

Same here...somewhat. I got in the 99% percentile for math on the ACT...I got a 34. A few problems > me. Sad
I got 0 problems wrong on the SAT. woot. Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours