Since I'm going to be purchasing a TI-89 in the near future, I need to know what some good games are. What games do you recommend for the TI-89?
Bomberdude (the one by JfG)
Sweeper (has multiple options such as torus/plane, walking/hovering, etc.)
FreeCell (mine)
Laser Mayhem (Matt Baker's)
Phoenix Platinum (blasphemy if you don't know)
SlimeBall (JfG again)
F-Zero
Ultima V (when it's released)

And that's all that I have so far. I may find some more in the future.
I don't have an 89, but I think gb68k seems like a great program. It converts game boy rom to 89 programs that you can play.
Of course...forgot about that. Thing is that larger games force you to have almost nothing else on it. I think there's also an NES emulator floating around somewhere for the 68k calcs...although it's probably nowhere near as stable as gb68k.

EDIT:
Found it: http://databob.free.fr/Volume/index.php?f=BF561A0C
If you do not visit Time To Team, you will need to be slapped about...

htp://tifreakware.calcgames.org/linksni.htm

Their link is somewhere in there... Very Happy
Perhaps you would be better off here?

http://tifreakware.calcgames.org/linksni.htm
Thanks guys. I will definitely check out all those games when I get my 89. I hope to get a HW4. That would be awesome. I'm gonna have to wait a few weeks until the current HW3s get out of stock and hope I get lucky. Very Happy
Try some of the FAT-based games. They pwn.
FAT may not compatable with the Titanium (as far as I know at least). It may have been updated since then.
It's not?! Crying But it's such an awesome 3d raycaster.
kirb wrote:
FAT may not compatable with the Titanium (as far as I know at least). It may have been updated since then.

It is - I played some on a friends 89t
Kllrnohj wrote:
kirb wrote:

*phew* You had me worried there, Kirb. One of my personal faves is Arena 3D.
I don't know... Sonic Mis-adventures, Chrono Fantasy, and Super Mario 68k have it beat in my book... Wink
tifreak8x wrote:
I don't know... Sonic Mis-adventures, Chrono Fantasy, and Super Mario 68k have it beat in my book... Wink

*cough* bias *cough* Razz Those are indeed quite leet.
Kllrnohj wrote:
kirb wrote:

Well, it wasn't the last time I played with it. Maybe HW3Patch fixes it or they updated it more recently. I haven't really been too much into playing games as making them in the last year or so anyway. And I have yet to get cracking on some things for my current projects...
kirb wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:

Well, it wasn't the last time I played with it. Maybe HW3Patch fixes it or they updated it more recently. I haven't really been too much into playing games as making them in the last year or so anyway. And I have yet to get <font color=red>censored</font> on some things for my current projects...

I didn't install the HW3Patch....
Yeah, mine is HW2, but I doubt HW3 would break the grayscale; only HW1 was the black sheep.
It's not the grayscale part, it's that it uses an external lib. I'll ask Kofler when I get the chance.
Go for it. Perhaps he could deign to answer us in person? We could use some 68kers here...
Hey now, I'm here. Laughing

Maybe, but I doubt it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours