I'm only going to use pxl-on commands. Heck if I get done with it today I'll submit it as my BPC entry. Laughing
Alright, the first beta version of my grass simulator is out. http://www.geocities.com/soad1101/GRASSSIM.zip

I still need an intro screen and documentation. I also need to make it a little harder. The keys are as follows:
2nd = Mow grass. This shortens the grass. The weeds are too strong to be cut by this, however. Mowing the grass requires 1 gas.
ALPHA = Use weed spray. This removes all weeds from your yard. This requires 1 weed spray.
F1 = Open the shop. Here you can buy gas, weed spray, or astroturf. The goal of the game is to buy astro turf. You gain money by the lawn inspector coming. If your grass is short and you don't have many weeds, he will pay you.

Please leave comments, suggestions, and/or bug reports.

BASIC Code wrote:
:ClrDraw
:AxesOff
:ZStandard
:For(θ,1,5)
:0→L1(θ)
:End
:0→C
:0→E
:0→K
:30→M
:5→G
:2→W
:0→Z
:1→J
:Text(0,18,"GRASS SIMULATOR
:Line(‾10,‾7,10,‾7
:Text(55,0,"F1=SHOP MONEY:",M
:Text(10,70,"GAS:",G
:Text(10,0,"WEED SPRAY:",W
:‾5.5→H
:
:While K≠45
:getKey→K
:C+1→C
:If K=31 and W≥1
:Then
:W-1→W
:1→Z
:For(θ,1,5
:0→L1(θ)
:If K=21 and G≥1:Then
:‾5.5→H
:G-1→G
:If C=99:Then
:H+.5→H
:0→C
:1→J
:
:If K=11
:0→K
:ClrHome
:Disp "1:GAS‾10
:Disp "2:WEED SPRAY‾10
:Disp "3:ASTROTURF‾1000
:While K=0
:getKey→K
:If K=92 and M≥10:Then
:G+1→G
:M-10→M
:If K=93 and M≥10:Then
:W+1→W
:M-10→M
:If K=94 and M≥1000:Then
:Text(0,30,"YOU WIN!
:Text(10,10,"YOU ARE A LAWN CARE
:Text(17,20,"PROFESSIONAL!
:Stop
:
:
:randInt(1,250→D
:If D=1:Then
:1→L1(1)
:1→E
:If D=2:Then
:1→L1(2)
:If D=3:Then
:1→L1(3)
:If D=4:Then
:1→L1(4)
:If D=5:Then
:1→L1(5)
:
:If J=1:Then
:0→J
:For(A,‾10,10,.5
:randInt(1,2→B
:B+A→B
:Line(A,‾7,B,H
:If Z=1:Then
:0→Z
:Text(0,18,"GRASS SIMULATOR
:Line(‾10,‾7,10,‾7
:Text(55,0,"F1=SHOP MONEY:",M
:Text(10,70,"GAS:",G
:Text(10,0,"WEED SPRAY:",W
:
:For(A,‾10,10,.5
:randInt(1,2→B
:B+A→B
:Line(A,‾7,B,H
:If E=1:Then
:If L1(1)=1
:Line(‾6,‾7,‾6,‾3
:Circle(‾6,‾2.5,.5
:If L1(2)=1
:Line(‾3,‾7,‾3,‾3
:Circle(‾3,‾2.5,.5
:If L1(3)=1
:Line(0,‾7,0,‾3
:Circle(0,‾2.5,.5
:If L1(4)=1
:Line(3,‾7,3,‾3
:Circle(3,‾2.5,.5
:If L1(5)=1
:Line(6,‾7,6,‾3
:Circle(6,‾2.5,.5
:randInt(1,250→L
:
:If L=1
:0→O
:Text(0,0,"THE LAWN INSPECTOR CAME.
:Text(8,0,"YOUR GRASS' HEIGHT WAS
:If H=‾5.5:Then
:50→O
:Text(16,0,"GOOD.
:If H=‾5:Then
:5→O
:Text(8,80,"A
:Text(16,0,"LITTLE HIGH, BUT NOT BAD.
:If H>‾5
:Text(16,0,"QUITE BAD.
:0→F
:For(θ,1,5
:If L1(θ)=1
:F+1→F
:
:If F=0:Then
:Text(24,0,"YOU HAD NO WEEDS.
:O+50→O
:If F=1:Then
:O+5→O
:Text(24,0,"YOUR WEED PROBLEM WAS OKAY.
:If F>1
:Text(24,0,"YOU HAD TOO MANY WEEDS.
:Text(35,0,"YOU WERE PAID ",O," DOLLARS
:Text(43,0,"FOR YOUR LAWN CARE.
:O+M→M
:Pause
:0→L
:ClrHome
Generated by SourceCoder, © 2005 Cemetech
Definitely good. Hmmm, I need to make that indenting view export as bbcode; that would make life much easier.
thats pretty nifty foamy. keep at it.
I think I sense a few optimizations that can be made in that set of line commands in the middle though.
Yeah, I noticed that I repeated a lot of code there. I wrote the entire thing on my calc. I'm going to take the source coder output and try to put it in order soon.

I must say, though. This is probably the first calc program I've ever made that I'm mildly proud of. Smile
Yeah you're definitely making progress, Foamy. Keep it up!
maybe he should apply for a b31337 apprenticeship.
Yeah, I think he would be accepted to the 1337apps now.
he still has to apply though....
elfprince13 wrote:
he still has to apply though....
Of course. And only if he wants to apply.
What all is involved with being a b1337 member? Is it a company-like thing where people tell you to program something, or is more of just a group of people who all happen to be BASIC programmers?
it is a group of people who program in BASIC. Full members are supposed to be great in programming, and apprentices show potential, but are not quite there yet.
Here's a good explanation of what it is:

http://www.cemetech.net/projects/basicelite
That really sounds cool. This is the only program I have worth showing anyone, though. The second best thing I have is a stick guy with a handgun that can move around but only face one direction and shoot at a vertically moving line.
foamy3 wrote:
That really sounds cool. This is the only program I have worth showing anyone, though. The second best thing I have is a stick guy with a handgun that can move around but only face one direction and shoot at a vertically moving line.

thats OK, i got accepted on a list compression program Wink (it actually worked though, acheiving an average compression of 4.8x for large lists that had a max value of >= 99....)
Question: If I'm already an apprentice, do I have to reapply for full membership or is it given some other way?
Kllrnohj wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

thats OK, I got accepted on a list compression program Wink (it actually worked though, acheiving an average compression of 4.8x for large lists that had a max value of >= 99....)

linky linky?
elfprince13 wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

thats OK, I got accepted on a list compression program Wink (it actually worked though, acheiving an average compression of 4.8x for large lists that had a max value of >= 99....)

linky linky?

http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/371/37195.html

its a tad out date, i have a newer version that is faster, just never got around to uploading it....
Kuro wrote:
Question: If I'm already an apprentice, do I have to reapply for full membership or is it given some other way?

you just have to show a program that shows your new skills (at least that is all Kerm asked of me)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours