This post was originally going to ask, "How do I see the contents of .8xp files generated by Spasm?" However, I did research and used a hex editor.

Because I am a perfectionist, I was most dismayed to see that at the beginning of any .8xp file, it says

Code:
**TI83F*
 File generated by WabbitSign

I do not want that on my calculator. I am a perfectionist. I do not want the name of any person or company other than Texas Instruments and myself on my calculator. I do not want the word "WabbitSign" on my calculator.

My question is this: "How do I remove this from the beginning of the file while keeping the file valid?" Can I manually calculate and replace the checksum at the end of the file?
That doesn't show up on your calculator. That's a comment field in the file format that doesn't get transferred to the calculator. If you really want to zero it out, it doesn't affect the checksum, but I don't see the point.
That's good to know, thanks!
You can just open it in notepad and press delete. Although it is somewhat ironic, as wabbitsign "did" in fact generate the file. Wink
MateoConLechuga wrote:
You can just open it in notepad and press delete. Although it is somewhat ironic, as wabbitsign "did" in fact generate the file. Wink
Not quite, you need to overwrite those with zeros. Simply deleting them will leave you with an invalid file.
Ah, that's right. Thanks for the clarification! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours