What is better?
Palm OS
 14%  [ 1 ]
Windows Mobile
 42%  [ 3 ]
TI-OS
 42%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 7

Does anyone have recommendations for a PDA (Palm or Windows Mobile). I would prefer wifi but don't want to spend more than $300. I have had 2 Palms before, a Palm 3 and and a Palm Tungsten E. The Palm 3, I dropped and certain hardware like the clock, the IR port, and the hotsync no longer worked so it was effectively useless. The Palm Tungsten E i either dropped or walked into something with it in my pocket and the screen crack.

So basically, from this, i know i need something durable as possible. Also, wifi would be a nice feature. And my main reason for getting this is i can't stay on top of my schedule.
I would recommend something in the iPaq line. You can get wifi, bluetooth, and windows mobile 5 for maybe $299.95.
I recommend buying a Dell Axim if you have the cash Wink
I have been looking at the iPaq rx 1955 (I think that is it) for myself. I will say, the Microsoft based ones have better handwritting recognition and more program support (like pocket vti) than palms
I happen to agree with both those choices; one thing Microsoft tends to do well is handwriting recognition.
KermMartian wrote:
I happen to agree with both those choices; one thing Microsoft tends to do well is handwriting recognition.

wonder who they bought it from Evil or Very Mad
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

wonder who they bought it from Evil or Very Mad

--> http://www.google.com
Wink Just Joking
I actually don't see a whole lot of info on it.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours