This game will be written in Lua for the nspire for contest #13. The game is a puzzle-ish game where you are a cat stranded on an asteroid, and over time you convert the asteroid into a spaceship to win the game. As of now the game engine is running and the splash screen is done, sorry but I don't have any screenshots yet. Not that there is much to see yet.
Welcome to cemetech, its good to see more lua programmers Smile
That said, good luck with this entry, it sounds interesting!
Ldstudios, thanks!
As of yesterday (Saturday, December 6) I have made a working menu interface for the game. It supports arrow keys, the touchpad mouse, and the number keys. The primary reason for making an in-game menu instead of registering a tool palette menu is simple: the in-game menu looks a lot better and is more game-like. In addition, it allows greater interface flexibility if that is needed later. I've also tested the transfer of the file onto the nspire handheld, it works fine. The game is looking to be playable on the computer with the nspire student software as well.

Here is the screenshot of the splash screen and menu:
I'm glad to hear that you are making progress, I'm a bit confused by this:
"The primary reason for making a new (yet familiar) menu interface instead of making a custom nspire menu is simple: the custom menu looks a lot better and is more game-like. In addition, it allows greater interface flexibility if that is needed later."
I think what you mean is that you are making your own in-game menu rather than using the built in tool-palette menu system, but this is not very clear.

Anyways, good luck, can't wait to see some screenies!
Ldstudios, that is exactly what I meant Very Happy . I changed the wording to make it less ambiguous.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours