I wanted to find out if there are any really good Ti Basic learning guides. I have looked at one on Ticalc.org but I want to see if there is a more extensive one. Very Happy
There are numerous ones at tifreakware.net

Kerm's book is pretty awesome too.

and there's a wiki as well to reference.
Ok. I wanted to find some free ones because I don't really have that much money to spend.
I of course think that your go-to option should be "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus". I spent the better part of a year writing it, and it covers everything from the very beginnings of thinking like a programmer up to advanced TI-BASIC graphics and optimization techniques. It also offers tons of sample programs, of course. It's available on Amazon as well.

Edit: I unfortunately typed this before your exchange with tifreak8x. Sad
Unicorn wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
I of course think that your go-to option should be "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus". I spent the better part of a year writing it, and it covers everything from the very beginnings of thinking like a programmer up to advanced TI-BASIC graphics and optimization techniques. It also offers tons of sample programs, of course. It's available on Amazon as well.

Edit: I unfortunately typed this before your exchange with tifreak8x. Sad

Though, I might be able to convince by parents to pay for it. To them it might mean I am finally doing something worthwhile with technology. Smile

tifreak8x wrote:
There are numerous ones at tifreakware.net

Kerm's book is pretty awesome too.

and there's a wiki as well to reference.

What is the link to this wiki you speak of? I couldn't find it with a google search.
Unicorn wrote:
What is the link to this wiki you speak of? I couldn't find it with a google search.

I believe the wiki being referred to is TI Basic Developer. For a full language tutorial, you probably want their starter kit.
Oh! That helps a lot!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours