Oh, ok, that's true. I was thinking about the ppc vs intel instruction set, just like 68k can fit in more stuff per cycle than the z80 set.
KermMartian wrote:
Oh, ok, that's true. I was thinking about the ppc vs intel instruction set, just like 68k can fit in more stuff per cycle than the z80 set.

cmon Kerm! keep it relative to the discussion at hand! Laughing
Fine. Sad So Alex, what will your final specs look like?
not bad...

i cashed in on one fo the rebates i was eligible, got a $50 TigerDirect giftcard instead of cash (i would have had to pay for them to mail me the check... wdf?), so i figure that'll buy me a nice fan controller or something...
Good stuff. Get one with lots of cold cathode lights and LEDs. Smile
yeah, since i plan on selling this for at least double what i put into it Wink (if i decide i'm not in love with it...)
AHH! You're considering not keeping a computer?! Diablo!
i said if i DONT fall in love with it... since i know a kid who's willing to drop $1500 on a cool looking comp, it sounds feasible to me... since then i have money to build a BETTER comp... (makes sense to me)
Haha...ok, that's good business sense then. Go for it. Smile
yep!

with $1200, i could get a 512mb video card and still have enough left over for a whole comp...
Awesome. Or you could even get SLI.... *drools*
liquid cooling Smile
wooooooooooot. I really want to try that one day; I think I could do some fun stuff with it. Smile
yeah reallly... i'm thinking i could build a serious system with $1200, way more than i could ever buy from a manufacturer... (come on, the comp i'm building would cost $650+ from Dell)
KermMartian wrote:
wooooooooooot. I really want to try that one day; I think I could do some fun stuff with it. Smile

bah, water is for n00bs (hence the pre-done kits and external units)

Real men use LN2!
alex10819 wrote:
liquid cooling Smile

I'm too afraid I'd do something wrong and sizzle my comp when the water flows out Evil or Very Mad

/me sticks with air coolers
me + n2 == danger...

you know what happens when you stick your fingers in that crap?
alex10819 wrote:
me + n2 == danger...

you know what happens when you stick your fingers in that crap?

Yes, it freezes off Wink
like an egg in a freezer, it just kinda shatters... (we did that in chem class... put an egg in liquid N2, and threw it on the floor... remarkably hardboiled looking)
Anyone here picked up dry ice before? Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours