I noticed in Kerm's profile that he's an electrical engineer (at least that's what I'm assuming since it's in your Interests). Would you recommend having a TI-89 for your college classes. I'm thinking of getting one when I go into Nuclear Engineering this fall. I'm assuming that I won't be allowed to use anything but maybe a 4 operation calculator in my calculus classes, but I'm thinking it could have good uses in my science classes.
it might be helpful, but what calcs do you have at the moment?
I have an 84 Silver right now that I was going to replace with the 89 Titanium.
you might be able to pull it off with that, but I would wait for Kerm on this one
Alright. I was unsure because I'm gonna be taking some crazy courses in science where a more advanced calculator might come in handy. Thanks for your help.
The 89Ti is about as good as it gets right now. If it doesn't do the job, I don't know what to say. Plus, if it's not included with the calc, there are tons of programs on ticalc that should be of soem help.
If it doesn't do the job, there is most likely some program out there that does it. If not, you will need to program it yourself.
Suicide_Guy: I recommend that you get a TI-89Ti. Would be helpful.
Alright, thanks Kerm!
Yep, 89t is the best. I got it and I'm only in 9th grade right now.
I need an 89t.
to do I. I've only got a regular 89.
I got two 89's... Very Happy
would you ship one of those north for a price?
Possibly... Bout the only thing I do with mine is test games... And at this point, it has only been Lachprog's Mario...

Only thing is, the one that I don't use is a HW1... I use the HW2 for all the testing...
oh, well, I could really care less I guess, but would like to have had an HW2. Will all things for HW2 work on an HW1?
I have HW3 Razz
What's the difference between HW1, HW2, and HW3?
It's mainly how it displays on the screen. Read about the hardware versions here.
Actually, TI has made some things even more fun. There is now a HW4...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours