In order to facilitate inter-calculator gaming, I have created prgmENTER, which exits the other calculator from Pause mode. Both calculators are TI-84 Plus C Silver Editions. Here is my code:

Code:
.nolist
   #include "ti84pcse.inc"

.list
   .org UserMem-2
   .db tExtTok,tAsm84CCmp

ld a,$83
   bcall(_SendAByte)
   ld a,$87
   bcall(_SendAByte)
   ld a,kEnter
   bcall(_SendAByte)
   ld a,$00
   bcall(_SendAByte)
   ret

When I run it, I get a link error. What is wrong with my code?
scAFwATLxpKzRCmVaHv wrote:
In order to facilitate inter-calculator gaming, I have created prgmENTER, which exits the other calculator from Pause mode. Both calculators are TI-84 Plus C Silver Editions. Here is my code:

Code:
.nolist
   #include "ti84pcse.inc"

.list
   .org UserMem-2
   .db tExtTok,tAsm84CCmp

ld a,$83
   bcall(_SendAByte)
   ld a,$87
   bcall(_SendAByte)
   ld a,kEnter
   bcall(_SendAByte)
   ld a,$00
   bcall(_SendAByte)
   ret

When I run it, I get a link error. What is wrong with my code?

The packet which you are trying to send to send the enter key is wrong. When I ran your code on b/w calcs it didn't work. I'm not sure if this will work on the CSE, but I would be surprised if it didn't. When I replaced 83 87 xx xx (where xx is the key) with 03 87 xx xx, it worked. I'm not sure where I've seen 8387 before, but I have. The place to look for linking things is http://merthsoft.com/linkguide/ti83/remote.html
I replaced the $83 with both your solution, $03, and a $84 (because it is a TI-84 PCSE), and a combination of the two, $04. I also tried $23 and $73 from the website, which were "Computer sending TI-84 Plus data" and "TI-84 Plus", respectively. None of these worked.

There are two possible problems. #1, the TI-84+CSE has a different machine ID. #2, there is supposed to be a checksum or length of data or something. It could also be a combination of the two.

However, I believe that #1 is the answer, because a program called prgmZENTER, identical to my program except for the machine ID, apparently works on the TI-83s.

Does anyone know the link protocol for the TI-84+CSE? Does it have a different machine ID?
IMPORTANT: I forgot to add, I am using the USB port, not the I/O port, on both calculators. Does that make a difference?
Never mind, I figured out that I don't need a checksum or anything like that.

In summary, I need someone to tell me the machine ID for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, or I need someone to tell me whether or not using the USB port instead of the I/O port makes a difference.
Yes. This makes what you are trying to do very very difficult, because the USB port is very different from the I/O port. You have to somehow figure out how to initialize the USB bus and send some sort of packet over which causes the other calculator to do what you want. I think BrandonW made some sort of program which did.

Also, you just posted three times in a row. Instead of doing that, you should use the edit button.
And I'm not expert enough to figure all that out, meaning I'll just have to wait for my parents to get me an I/O cable for Christmas, meaning...

OH WAIT!!!! CHRISTMAS IS ONLY IN FOUR DAYS!!!! YES!!!!!!!

I shall do more experiments with this in four days, once I get my I/O cable.
I got the cable today with express delivery from TI, which was very fast. Anyway, what Hooloovoo said, $03 $87, worked with the I/O cable. Thanks for the help!
scAFwATLxpKzRCmVaHv wrote:
Never mind, I figured out that I don't need a checksum or anything like that.

In summary, I need someone to tell me the machine ID for the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition, or I need someone to tell me whether or not using the USB port instead of the I/O port makes a difference.
Did you take a look at the File Format and Link Protocol Guide? That should have everything you need to know regarding packet formats and machine IDs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours