I must say I agree with Kllrnohj on that. Start with something higher-level like Python.
is there a pygame mirror site out. becuase i am having trouble with the origional. if you need to see problem here it is.
Heh, someone screwed up their PHP. Very Happy
Kllrnohj wrote:
lafferjm wrote:
I also want to learn java for programing animations,making games, and also programming macros for a game I play.

Java is much too complex of a langauge for you (so is C/C++). Python can be used to make games just fine, see the module PyGame

Anything Java does Python does better...
KermMartian wrote:
Heh, someone screwed up their PHP. Very Happy

no, someone doesnt have a MySQL module Wink
well i found a site witht he downloads i need. and i was reading a site that had a tutorial but i had problems with it. with what they told me it had trouble loading the chimp image but when i ran chimp it worked just fine. does anyone know where i can get a good tutorial that actually explains.
I suggest buying a book. About any book should do if it says it is for beginners. Just don't buy one with 'complete idiot' or 'dummies' in the title.
well i might be going somewhere today so i will try and look into a book if we do go somewhere.
I have to agree. I read this one book, Learning Computer Programming, that really helped make the transition from Ti to computer programming easier. If you're not too lazy to go to the library...
What language(s) did it discuss?
probably BASIC or Liberty BASIC... I think i've seen that book, it's really bad though... (come on, OOP takes up 2 pages in the very back)
Actually no. The majority of the book consists of programming concepts that apply to all languages, with examples in C++. It has a couple of pages on HTML, a big chapter on C++, and a smaller chapter on Java. It also comes with a CD Rom with example programs, and an IDE for Java.
i used to have a book called C++ Without Fear, but i never bothered to read it, i got it as a present for a kid at my school...
For a friend at school? So you never gave it to him?
yeah, i gave it to him... don't think he ever read it though...
I agree with the book thing - go to the library and pick up (or request) any book dealing with the language you want. it goes into much more depth and is much easier to understand than an online web tut
well i went to barnes and noble and they had a book in the programming section. it was called python but its price was out of my budget. they wanted $35 for it and i only had $19. it looked like a good book though.
I remember everyone here suggesting you go to the library. The library probably has more books, and you can borrow for free.
right, borrow... our library has a maximum fine of $20 per book, so you can just 'lose' it, and save $15 (but that's really dishonest, and if i ever find out you did that to my library, i'd have to hurt you)
*cough*file sharing program + ebooks*cough*

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours