Laff: Do you have something against search engines?
I think you should ask the search engines if they have something against lafferjm instead. Laughing
well i am learning python because you said it was easy. and you are right it is easy. But i really want to learn a language like java where i can make joke programs and i do not think i can do that with python. reading another good tutorial on python. click here for the tutorial.
@foamy: do you have a problem with intelligence? I understand the concept of a search engine, and i use them frequently. However, in the case of a compiler, everyone has a different opinion... so dont start with me...[/url]

edit: you wanna learn Java, and cant even get BBCode right? forget it...
yeah but i got it fixed. it was a simple mistake that i found right away. all i did was stick the slash mark in the wrong direction.
Anything Java does Python does better... If all you want to make are joke programs, no one is going to like you, and you will make a lot of people very annoyed very quickly.
exactly... joke programs are teh scourge of our society... much like Charles Manson and a Cheney...
well i would only really use them on school computers and stuff because that would be real funny to open one up and they couldn't figure out how to fix it. that is funny it blocked out a name.

@edit: another reason i want to learn is so that i can learn how to program some good quality tags.
Why don't we all send a program of that type to his computer so he can see how much fun it is to have your computer malfunctioning, possibly destroying months, even years, of hard work?
it isnt funny, it's normal...

and for gods sakes, if you're gonna pull pranks on a school computer, do something technically engaging... like change the start bar text to say something funny...
that would be funny but i do not know how to do it.
find the thread 'Custom Start Bar'... (search for it)...
Do you realize that you are asking the impossible from lafferjm? Laughing
hey i searched for it because it is on site.
Razz
something1990 wrote:
Do you realize that you are asking the impossible from lafferjm? Laughing

yeah, considering he couldnt handle it Wink
lafferjm wrote:
But I really want to learn a language like java where I can make joke programs and I do not think I can do that with python.

So since you say Elf right a joke program in Java, you are just going to assume that no other lang can do joke programs? Python can do EVERYTHING Java can (both support custom/external libraries to add functionality beyond the included)

Did you even look through the python module index to see what is available? http://docs.python.org/modindex.html
Python does have sooo many features, and all of them are explained in the tutorial and in links placed in the tutorial. They actually require some reading lafferjm.
lafferjm wrote:
what kind of program do I need to program java. I am reading a tutorial and it does not say.

@Alex: I'm sorry if you caught my post before the edit if you did. I typed alex by mistake. But if you did see that as directed at lafferjm, the first item on a simple good search of "java" has the development kit.
i also want to learn java for programing animations,making games, and also programming macros for a game i play.
lafferjm wrote:
I also want to learn java for programing animations,making games, and also programming macros for a game I play.

Java is much too complex of a langauge for you (so is C/C++). Python can be used to make games just fine, see the module PyGame

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 4 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours