foamy3 wrote:
*cough*file sharing program + ebooks*cough*

Eh, I hate ebooks. I much rather have an actual book, something I can hold and lay around on the couch with, rather than being forced to sit and read off of a screen (which I find hard after a while - easier to get headaches and such)
Kllrnohj wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

Eh, I hate ebooks. I much rather have an actual book, something I can hold and lay around on the couch with, rather than being forced to sit and read off of a screen (which I find hard after a while - easier to get headaches and such)

Yes, I fully agree, but money is money...
foamy3 wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
foamy3 wrote:

Yes, I fully agree, but money is money...

Hence public libraries exist Very Happy
I haven't bought a reading book except for class in many, many a year...I've taken out thousands of books from the libraries instead. Smile
well despite what you guys said i went out and bought a book for python. i did this because i had a different train of thought then you guys. i figured that if i bought a book i would have it there for reference and to look over when ever i wanted and if i had borrowed a book i would only be able to have it for three weeks.
Cool, good luck with that then. I hope that the book is helpful.
Well after checking out a book and practicing the language, I have my code and the code of other programs for reference. Everyone has their own learning style.
This reminds me of when I was starting to learn assembly. I was unaware of any tutorials online so I borrowed a book from the library on z80 assembly. Needless to say, the book was from the 80's and was meant for use on computers that used the z80 processor. It also came with a floppy and was trying to get me to use MASM. After I found out that the assemblers and ide's that it was trying to get me to use were way out of date and/or no longer available, I decided that enough was enough.

I will say though, that the computers that this book was talking about programming on weren't much better than our calculators (spec wise) Razz
Haha, that's uberhilarious. This is why we need to write a book. Smile
mega necro posting. Anyways I found this topic while searching for a project i posted here and man was I such a noob, and i still kinda am although i believe I've gotten better.
lafferjm wrote:
mega necro posting. Anyways I found this topic while searching for a project i posted here and man was I such a noob, and i still kinda am although i believe I've gotten better.
Good for you for being able to admit it; we were all driveling n00bs at one point, except perhaps Kllrnohj, who was probably scorning people for their lack of knowledge from day one. Did you ever get Python under your belt as you seemed to have wanted to do near the end of this thread?
Honestly over three years I haven't had the time. I can code simple scripts but nothing big.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 6 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours