My TI-84 calculator will not charge. The first time I charged it was when I bought it but now after a month of usage I am not able to charge it. I know the charger and wire is working because it flashes red but once it is plugged into my calculator, its LED light will not light up. I went to the website and attempted to trouble shoot it but none of the steps worked. (Resetting it, changing the mode, etc.) I also tried to put it into several phone charges which all left me disappointed. Lastly, I attempted to charge it using my computer but that failed as well. My calculator did not go through any physical damage and I believe it has something to do with the battery which I checked as well. Does anyone have any answers because I seen that many people had the same problem.
Yep, this has been a common problem with the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. In fact, I personally just bought one in which the orange light turns on, but the calculator itself never seems to actually charge or turn on. Have you checked that the battery is still firmly plugged into the calculator? You say the orange LED on the side no longer lights up when the calculator is plugged into a power source, so perhaps the battery itself is unseated. If that doesn't do the trick, then you should contact TI CARES about a warranty replacement.
It could be a bad connection between the battery and its ports. It also sounds like your wire could be a little damaged, because when my headphone cable broke, I could only hear out of it sometimes, so it could be at that level of damage. The calculator, as far as I know, accepts all USB to mini USB cables, so if you have one lying around, try that.
Edit: Ninja'd Evil or Very Mad
you did mention the wire is good, however did you test it on a phone or other device? maybe there's a temporary short.
Other than that I'd suggest unplugging the battery for a few minutes & putting it back in. other than that WARRANTY!!! just sucks to be without it for a while.
KermMartian wrote:
Yep, this has been a common problem with the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition. In fact, I personally just bought one in which the orange light turns on, but the calculator itself never seems to actually charge or turn on. Have you checked that the battery is still firmly plugged into the calculator? You say the orange LED on the side no longer lights up when the calculator is plugged into a power source, so perhaps the battery itself is unseated. If that doesn't do the trick, then you should contact TI CARES about a warranty replacement.

Yeah, I tried that but it doesn't seem to work. I will go talk the the company and check that out. Thank you for helping out ^^
(I guess this model still has a few bugs)
123outerme wrote:
It could be a bad connection between the battery and its ports. It also sounds like your wire could be a little damaged, because when my headphone cable broke, I could only hear out of it sometimes, so it could be at that level of damage. The calculator, as far as I know, accepts all USB to mini USB cables, so if you have one lying around, try that.
Edit: Ninja'd Evil or Very Mad

True. (Hah, that happens to my head phones a lot)
I will check that out, thanks :3
GW-Basic wrote:
you did mention the wire is good, however did you test it on a phone or other device? maybe there's a temporary short.
Other than that I'd suggest unplugging the battery for a few minutes & putting it back in. other than that WARRANTY!!! just sucks to be without it for a while.

Hah yeah, thanks for offering ^^
I will probably get warranty for it, but thank you anyway

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours