kirb wrote:
It actually depends on what your goal is. Some things are easier in C, others in C++.

Sorta. All C code can be copy/pasted into a C++ program just fine, as C++ carries over all the C specifications. There isn't any reason to get a C compiler over, say, a C/C++ compiler. However, C++ is much easier to make secure code (alot of those buffer overrun attacks you hear about are due to C char arrays - C++ strings don't have such a flaw)
Hey lafferjm I think you will like Python. It is a very high level language (it's what the tutorial said) so it should be very easy for you to learn.
You can download the Python interpreter here.
You can check out the tutorials here.
well after about an hour and a half i got python downloaded now to look at the tutorial.
I'm sure you will love Python. It's one of the easiest languages I've learned so far.
i thought the tutorial was a little confusing so i am going to search for another tutorial. Plus i where would i make a program with it. Because the one thing is IDLE GUI and the other is command line. and with both it did stuff there instead of waiting until i was done.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours