Oh, ic. MySQL, I assume? Are you sure you have db access permissions set for your IP?
yup, MySQL.

Im connecting to it as localhost so it should let it through.

I may create a PHP backend script for handling the database connections. it would accept queries from the applet as post data and send data back.
elfprince13 wrote:
yup, MySQL.

remember a java applet is client side, so you won't be able to connect to a server's mysql DB as localhost, you must instead use the mysql server's IP
Kllrnohj wrote:
elfprince13 wrote:
yup, MySQL.

remember a java applet is client side, so you won't be able to connect to a server's mysql DB as localhost, you must instead use the mysql server's IP

however unsigned applets are only allowed to connect back to their originating server and you are supposed to use localhost for this.

Ill check though.
Cool, oh btw, I made a pretty cool logo for Forum OS, I was just messin around with GIMP and then I saw your "Forum OS :: Unleash the best" title bar, so I decided to make this, its kinda small but I thought it was pretty cool.

Forum OS
    U N L E A S H T H E B E A S T

Very Happy
O_o. very nice.

also, I finally got it to connect to the MySQL database.
Elfprince: ah, glad to hear it.
Swivel: Excellent job! I'm glad that my enthusiasm for gfx is rubbing off on you guys. Smile
Lol, well actually, I have been doing graphics since before I was doing programming. I started back in 1999 and I dont rememeber when I start doing graphics, but its been a while. Very Happy .
Good stuff, me too. Back in the day it was ...drat... what was the name of that program...
IT was an awesome old Mac program with LOGO support.

KidPix? KIDPIX! That's what it was called.
Surprised !!! OMG, I totally forgot about that, HAHA, brings back so many memories. I remember that program, it was cool to. Laughing , wow, I have'nt thought of that program in a long time.
KermMartian wrote:
Good stuff, me too. Back in the day it was ...drat... what was the name of that program...
IT was an awesome old Mac program with LOGO support.

KidPix? KIDPIX! That's what it was called.

I loved KidPix. I still have it. Confused when did it get LOGO support though?
Maybe that's not what had logo then. The LOGO thing had turtles...
KermMartian wrote:
Maybe that's not what had logo then. The LOGO thing had turtles...

are you thinking of HyperLogo? I never had a copy of that. but our G3 still has Classic and when our Performa running OS 7 died we moved all the old software form that over so I have KidPix.
about the logo support, does it mean, like, that old little brush that you used to color in the picture on the screen? Like it would uncover a hidden image? I have to bye
Logo is a programming language. Anyway, back ontopic...
copy http://rancidmoose.5gigs.com/forumos_stuff/test.html

and both of the JAR files mentioned in the source to your server that supports MySQL and has phpBB installed.

Make sure that you have permission to log in remotely.
WOOT

heres my theoretical chain of command

Login clicked-->Applet sends 3 post variables to a PHP script: a password, username and md5 hash combining the 2-->PHP script checks database. if hash matches and the username entry exists with the specified pwd sends back true or false-->applet checks that and logs in.
Wouldn't that be essentially the same as phpBB, but with Java instead of HTML? Confused
KermMartian wrote:
Wouldn't that be essentially the same as phpBB, but with Java instead of HTML? Confused

............and way more features. I also got some more ideas about auth talking to AlienCC on MSN.
Hey all, I have been working on an HTML version of the project just to pretty much see how it will turn out. Well its truned out pretty well actually. There are a few things I am still working on, like: I need a code that will make the div window visible when a link is pressed and invisible when a link is pressed. I hope you like the 'BETA' version in HTML(this will most likly not be the finished product) and post all your comments and help about it when you can. Thanks Smile .

http://forumos.swivelgames.com

There it is. Very Happy

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours