if you have [small] [/small], why not a [big] [/big] or [large] [/large] tag?
good point Laughing . I will add that in just a sec...

done! Razz
Excellent. Which did you choose, large or big? LArge would have been consistent with small. Smile
large.

My fav bbcode I added was [style].

You use CSS to change the style of the topic Razz .

One question, is that dangerous?
I don't think so, but we can always see.
lol, yah.
It might be dangerous... heh, let me try a few tests.
lol. Ok, be careful Kerm. I dont want to have to reprogram this Laughing .

Maybe I should make a back up Very Happy .
All it could do is affect clientside display; you shouldn't have to worry about the serverside stuff with CSS styles.
ok thats good. I can always edit the CSS they post too, if they screw it up.
Exactly. I'm even thinking you should filter the allowed CSS parameters so they don't make 10000em red text on a green background, with a 1024px radius curved table inside.
rofl, yah, that might be a good idea. Laughing
Just parse the style elements into an array by splitting at semicolons, then subsplit each by colon in a loop and check 'em.
Sounds easy Neutral
swivelgames wrote:
Sounds easy Neutral
Verily, 'tis. Do you need a chunk of sample code?
@Swivel: create a control panel that lets Board Administrators add their own bbcodes and remove ones they don't want. also add some actions like /slap and /me. @name is a good one too.
I finally got a good stable idea, knowledge, and the resources to reopen Forum OS. I have not long ago started production on this, and with the attribution to Dynamic Drive's awesome scripts, I got a small script that is VERY easily changeable and usable with Forum OS. Productions started today on the 16th of December, and I expect immediate results in both Database production and visual production. Hopefully with my recent finds and learned knowledge, I can really zoom through this and make the first version of Forum OS.

Anyone care to help me out?

I am might need some help along the way, and though I love to do all the work in my projects because of the enjoyment of creating websites, I am open entirely to any help with the following areas...
    Login System:
    All files needed to create a secure login to the site.

Effective and Simple Forum Database layout:
    Just an idea on were to put what data, no programming needed

Finished Production on Forum OS forum system:
    Needs SQL work, that I have been too lazy to finish myself, and also needs some good customizable styling done to it

And of course, the Forum OS main screen:
    I pretty much have this area covered, but if you volunteer for this job, I might be able to give you a job here and there.
    This is a good job for those who want to help but are too busy.

Please help out if you can, and I hope to have this done in a good amount of time.
swivelgames wrote:
    Login System:
    All files needed to create a secure login to the site.

Effective and Simple Forum Database layout:
    Just an idea on were to put what data, no programming needed

Finished Production on Forum OS forum system:
    Needs SQL work, that I have been too lazy to finish myself, and also needs some good customizable styling done to it

And of course, the Forum OS main screen:
    I pretty much have this area covered, but if you volunteer for this job, I might be able to give you a job here and there.
    This is a good job for those who want to help but are too busy.

Please help out if you can, and I hope to have this done in a good amount of time.

Im with ya bro. I wrote a login system a long time ago and its quite secure, although at the time I hadn't required any permissioning for it, thats easy to add.
Awesome. I think I am going to make a new topic for this. I was thinking bumping this topic was going to be good for anything we needed that we created before, but I think starting a new topic would be the best thing.

Though, I did keep the files for the forum I created.
Personally I think you should draw out a good template, write a templating system, then combine the two independently to avoid limiting features of either one.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours