I don't know about making it the official DCS language, but I'd certainly be happy to make the includes/headers for BZC to work with it.
It seems like a good idea.
Sure, not a problem at all. Let me know when.
i think DCS should get its own semi-interperated language (ala java or python, where it is partially compiled at runtime)

if you had type declerations there could be a serious speed improvement (since doing math on a byte/word is much faster than on a floating point...)
That would be really cool. Who would be interested in working on such a language, were it to be created?
KermMartian wrote:
That would be really cool. Who would be interested in working on such a language, were it to be created?

I wouldn't mind helping out with some functions, but I'm not too sure I'd be good at doing the parser/lexer, as that would have to be written in ASM, and I'm not good at that Wink
Well, I could do that...this sounds like an interesting idea.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours