KermMartian wrote:
Cool, cool. Is it just me, or is ticalc.org slowly dying

I think they need new Archive staff. seems like Jason spends more time on DetachedSolution and Patrick barely even comes to his own website, let alone TiCalc.org
And MichaelV seems to be slowly leaving the community as well.
...as do competent programmers. I think ticalc is drying up, and that all this has happened before.
I think a lot of places are seeing this. Omnimaga was just deleated today
Deleted? That's pretty extreme.
yeah, we know, its been hard on us all. One positive note is that Kevin is sending the users my way and I am trying to recreate an Omnimaga at Rivereye Studios. We will see how this goes
At least some good came out of that.
not the way I wanted new users though
Understandably so. Might as well take what you can get, though.
I guess
look at the detached solutions forum....
Ummm, specific topic plz?
the whole thing. they never post. they are probably the most advanced group of TI programmers out there and they are dying.
Oh, I thought that's perhaps what you meant. It's a shame. We must not let the community die!
theres gotta be some way to try and centralize activity. I think all the separate programming groups actually hurt the community more than help it by causing splintering and factions. personal websites are fine but dont try to draw users off the big sites where they are needed.
KermMartian wrote:
Oh, I thought that's perhaps what you meant. It's a shame. We must not let the community die!

*We must not let the community fall into n00b hands!
we must train the noobs not to be noobish or we wont be able to keep getting more users.
I agree with both of you. We must make Cemetech the new major community site! Smile
a lot people on who were in the contest irc channel on saturday said Cemetech is almost like its own community. most of the other sites have pretty much the same users, but we have a completely different set.
Interesting. We must figure out a way to get them all over here then. Ideas?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 1 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours